My Meetings With Two Elders Today, "I am not a Christian and I am going to Die!"

by ÁrbolesdeArabia 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

If you feel you must meet with them next time around, just pull out the July 15 WT, show them that Jesus has NOT appointed the FDS over all his domestics, which now apparently includes you, and that the ONLY authority they have, if any at all, is to give food. Therefore, any claims to needing to submit to the FDS is plain hogwash. They shot themselves in the foot with this change.

Of course, I like yours better, "Show me from the Bible". But, as others here like to say, "Hang them with their own words."

• Perry
    Perry

So sorry to hear about your troubles Arbo. I can't advise you on what to do. I can tell you that I come from a large well entrenched JW family, faded and finally put full trust in Christ Alone. Cost me everything just like Jesus said it would.

I can tell you that I found Jesus is a man of his word when he said that those that left family for his sake would receive a hundred fold in this lifetime and endless life in the next. That is what happened to me.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

If your life would be worsened by being DFd or DAd, then bite your tongue and shut the f**k up. Play the "depression card" and tell them you are seeking MEDICAL care because you felt suicidal after their visit. They were so discouraging. Tell them to please leave you alone for now. Hopefully the "medications" will begin to take affect in a few weeks and you will be able to resume normal functioning in life.

FADE.

Doc

• jgnat
    jgnat

What response would you use about "You don't want to die"

• I am secure in Jehovah's love and I am content to leave my fate in his hands.
    • When we both stand before the judgement seat, I am prepared. Are you?

"What true Organization will you go to?"

• I carry the Kingdom in my heart. Whether I live in the desert or on a mountain-top, my God is there. David served Jehovah in the wilderness. I will too.
    • Are you suggesting that the WTS is the most true organization in our day?

"Your kids will die and it will be your fault!"

• Are you Jehovah that you can judge the hearts of men?
  • Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

leaving-quietly is right. They have no more authority with this new doctrine. And they're too stupid to even realize it. lol

• tornapart
    tornapart

I had the same questions from a close relative recently. I said exactly what Gnat suggested. That I know Jehovah loves me and he and his Son are the ones who do the judging, no one else. As to the 'Organisation' question, I just said that Jesus Christ is my Master, just as he said, we are to call no one on earth our leader.

Quote a well known and well used verse at them and they have no answers and they can't pin anything on you. It's hard not to get angry but it is really important to keep calm and think before you speak (something I'm trying to work on!) They are really good at turning the tables on you. Don't let them. Think out some 'blockers' beforehand that you can use just in case they have another go at you. If they say something that you have difficulty replying to without landing yourself in it, just stay silent.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Sorry for your ordeal, AA....

As to "you don't want to die" response:

"What if, brother pompous a$$hole, just what if YOU are wrong? What if?....Now go and have a good night sleep, righteous"

• caliber
    caliber

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Arbo)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

There is comfort in knowing others understand even if a small group are stuck on idea and therefore

are unable to entertain any other ways of thinking

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

Well, well, well. Arbro. Alot of good posts here, I don't know you well, I have read some of your posts and you are doing some good. How you choose to leave is up to you. There is no such thing as a quiet fade or quiet leave, sooner or later they will get you. If it must be, than let it be, move on. For me it would be all about personal integrity and not living the LIE!. What people think is up to them. Christ said " take my yoke upon you it's kindly). All JW, JC want is CONTROL, the more you give them the more they will take. This is not the "TRUTH" you know that. Not much else I can say. I will say this Brother, If I had been someone you judged harshly in your ignorance, I FORGIVE YOU! Like King Menassa, who did far much worse, God also forgave him. Christ being the perfect reflection of his Father, also forgives you. From here on out continue to be of encouragement for us, and a source of refreshment. Kinds words are always a source of refreshment, that's why most Elders are not refreshing, their words are caustic and only reflect those who made them, the WTBT$ not Christ. Christ is about LOVE!

Affectionately: Brother of the Hawk (I will surrender my mind no more, forever)

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

rebel8

my words exactly - love to hear it from others mouths!

Keep the wisdom spewing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit