A very important petition!

by sooner7nc 14 Replies latest jw friends

• sooner7nc
  • dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

lol. good luck

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

Didn't Texas already try something similar to this same thing?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57548931/rick-perry-dismisses-texas-secession-talk/

And now its California's time to try....as posted above,good luck on that.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

No chance of happening.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Canada successfully separated from the states. That was some time ago, and i'm not aware of any successful attempts, since then.

S

• JeffT
    JeffT

I wasn't aware that Canada was ever part of the United States.

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

I was just going to say, Canada was never part of the United States.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Actually I think the best thing would be for the other 49 to say "Pack your shit and leave."

• talesin
    talesin

They tried to take us over; it's called the War of 1812 ,, but not successful! And we burned down the White House. lol

thank the Goddess the British did something right!

xo

:P

tal

* lurvs mah Texans and 'Mericans klass *

• Satanus
    Satanus

'Canada was never part of the United States.'

True. It's more accurate to say that canada resisted assimilation by the usa. It is significant that many of those in upper canada were americans who had gradually migrated there.

'Upper Canada (modern southern Ontario) had mostly been settled by Revolution-era exiles from the United States (United Empire Loyalists) or postwar American immigrants. The Loyalists were hostile to union with the United States, while the immigrant settlers were generally uninterested in politics and remained neutral or supported the British during the war. The Canadian colonies were thinly populated and only lightly defended by the British Army. Americans then believed that many men in Upper Canada would rise up and greet an American invading army as liberators. That did not happen. One reason American forces retreated after one successful battle inside Canada was that they could not obtain supplies from the locals. [ 42 ] But the Americans thought that the possibility of local support suggested an easy conquest, as former President Thomas Jefferson believed: "The acquisition of Canada this year, as far as the neighborhood of Quebec, will be a mere matter of marching, and will give us the experience for the attack on Halifax, the next and final expulsion of England from the American continent."'

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit