The United Nations will attack Christendom

by Doug Mason 50 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This is a serious question and I hope to receive intelligent explanations.

Is it really possible to intellectualize a idealogical concept from human ignorance espoused through ancient mythology ?

The most vital and important part of understanding mythology is that its fictional story telling that had its own expressive inherent agenda.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It would be an honour, Doug.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

With the WT's 100% failure rate with predictions I would place a modest bet that it never happens.

I would agree with that. As to their expectations, the WT has painted a word picture of destruction of an organization (in fact it is many organizations but still.....) and those who adhere to "her". It is left to the imagination of the believers as to how this would happen.

When I was in.....we used to theorise that the value of the property and other wealth could be the magnet that entices the secular governments to want to take over the religions.But it was also the hatred of the people that would attack them. Gruesomely we used to speculate about vicars being strung up and hung, nuns being raped and anybody that clung to religion being attacked by mobs if not arrested and imprisoned or killed.

This is used, by family, as an excuse for God's destruction of the world system and people. "The world will not be the place it is now" they say "God will have no choice and all these 'nice people' will turn nasty"

Complete baloney, of course.....

• jgnat
    jgnat

Here's an illustration from the fundie crowd:

UnitedNationsChurch

UnitedNationsChurch2

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0094/0094_01.asp

• jgnat
    jgnat

To attack any religion would be contrary to the United Nation's own charter:

http://www.un.org/cyberschoolbus/humanrights/declaration/18.asp

The United Nations defends the rights of people to worship the way they choose, in freedom. This includes Jehovah's Witnesses and fundamentalists of all kinds.

• VM44
    VM44

Here is what was expected.

1) Jehovah's Witnesses will be taken directly from field service and sent to prison.

2) Jehovah's Witnesses will be made to work in the fields all day, and given little food.

These things were said during the late 1960's and through the 1970's, and were even told to the children!

Some Witnesses lived their whole lives believing the above persecution would take place.

And, even more, the persecution fantasy was wishful thinking on their part!

They wanted it to happen, and look forward to it.

Perhaps the thought of future persecution helps to hold the JWs together and keeps them going?

• metatron
    metatron

It's all BS however...

I believe there could be a worldwide disclosure on UFO's, encouraged by the UN.

Such a disclosure would not cause an immediate collapse of revealed religions but I think it would be reasonable that it would cause a rapid decline of such over the following years.

metatron

• heathen
    heathen

I think the point is that GOD makes them do it , it may be because the catholics and protestant still have serious problems in Irland that they decide both are terrorists , it shows that really only the men of commerce bewail their oportunity to make wealth off of all the crap involved with the churches . I think when the NWO does raise it's beastly head that they will try one world religion with the one world government .

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

What I do not understand:

Why even try to understand the explanation of the WTS?? The whole UN thing is crap and has nothing to do with Revelations! Why try to make sense out of nonsense? WTS is the only religion that teaches it (as far as I know).

Babylon the Great is not "false religion" ... it was Israel/Juda/Jeruzalem which was whoring with the Roman Empire and other empires that defeated them... the Romans (The Beast) killed Babylon the Great in 70... She is the whore because she proscecuted Jesus and the Saints (and the prophets in the past as well).

In the light of history Revelations is a lot more clear!

• smiddy
    smiddy

Correct me if I`m wrong , according to the W.T. articles the attack on religion starts first with christendom, the religion that supposedly represents Christ`s teachings yet is far removed from him ,the principle culprit being the Roman Catholic Church who purports to have the Vicar of Christ on the throne in Vatican city , and only then does the attack move on to all other forms of false religion ,identified as Babylon The Great

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit