The United Nations will attack Christendom

by Doug Mason 50 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Hi,

This is a serious question and I hope to receive intelligent explanations.

The WTS says that the Great Tribulation lies in the future. They write that it will start when the United Nations attacks Christendom.

Exactly what are they expecting JWs to see happen?

What exactly does the WTS mean by "Christendom"? Are these the nations where Christianity is the dominant or national religion? But aren't these nations members of the UN?

As examples, let's imagine three countries where Christianity is the dominant religion: USA, England and France. They are also leading members of the UN. Does this mean that in the UN they would vote for and implement tanks rolling out on themselves, for bombs to be dropped on their own countries, to sink their own ships and so on?

Or is there something that I have completely missed?

So what do JWs expect to happen, and how?

Thanks,

Doug

• Badfish
    Badfish

I might could see them eventually turning on Islam one day years down the road if things keep going the way they've been going. But if they really say that the nations will turn on Christendom before Armageddon starts, then how could Armageddon be right around the corner? This would take years of radical changes before anything like that would ever happen.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Just another illogical/nonsensical prophesy by the bORG.

• StoneWall
    StoneWall
    What exactly does the WTS mean by "Christendom"? Are these the nations where Christianity is the dominant or national religion? But aren't these nations members of the UN?

As far back as I can recall the WT (JW's) have always referred to Christendom as all false religions that are claiming to follow Christ.
    It is the predominant part of Babylon the Great (all false religion, the Great Harlot).
    JW's think of themselves as the only ones representing true Christianity.

So the UN (Image of the Beast) is all the nations it represents finally turning on the Harlot(Babylon the Great) at some point.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Actually, they are all wrong. The United Nations will never attack the Vatican, which is what needs to be attacked to bring down Christi-SCAM-ity. It will either crumble from within and be attacked by the nations themselves (upon which the Vatican has existed as a parasite), or it will seize control just like it did at the onset of the inquisitions and once again force the nations to become full cat licks (and under Law of St Benedict conditions, not the watered down version we see today). The witlesses will go underground, but I doubt they will more than merge under the St Benedictian cat lick church if that happens.

And, Christi-SCAM-ity is only 1/3 of what needs to go--at the Vatican level (all other xian churches are tied in with the Vatican as well). The Jewish and Muslim religions also have to go, since all three are parasites on humanity and all three suppress material prosperity, sexual identity, satiation, the full range of emotions toward others, freedom of speech, and spirituality. All three seek enslavement and destruction of the human race. All three preach that austerity and poverty are virtues and that being rich is a sin. All three regulate sexuality, including homosexuality--and instill hang-ups on people. And all three have to go.

DOWN WITH THE WASHTOWEL! DOWN WITH THE VATICAN!

• heathen
    heathen

that is a good question since in recent publications the WTBTS does not spend time explaining that , when they were an NGO they agreed not to attack other religions and get along . Personally I would accept the demise of the catholic church fullfillment since they are a nation state under the vatican so if they no longer recognize it as a nation state and start prosecuting for all the corruption , good bye ye old whore ...

• never a jw
    never a jw

It's all bull. However, the WTS could make its case if there is a political attack against religion. Possibly passing resolutions to reduce the influence, wealth and power of the church. I don't think the WTS expects a scenario such as the one you are describing. Then again, the WTS has come up with the weirdest biblical interpretations before. Anything is possible with them.

• smiddy
    smiddy

My understanding when i was active many years ago was that it would be something like the purges that took place in the USSR and germany with gulags and concentration type labour camps in traditional "christian " nations .

Their is no need for tanks planes or bombs , just an army to round up all preists ,parsons ,deacons and religous leaders and ship them off to re-education or death camps,their choice .

smiddy

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

This will never happen! Nations like the US, UK will veto such a resolution in the UN Security Counsel.

The UN has no own army.

The boys in Brooklyn are so crazy. Come with some good stuff. This is fantasy.

Gorby

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

The UN turning on religion theory is one of the main doctrines that helped me discover TTATT. It is so incredibly stupid.

They love crapping on 'Christendom', well what about Islam? How are the UN going to get rid of Islam? This would be impossible. Even if this was possible it would take many generations, and I mean the 100-200 year WT style over-lapping generations.

Look at how hard it is to destroy the Taliban in Afghanistan. How will they stop nuclear armed Muslim countries like Iran and Pakistan? The answer I get from JWs is 'god puts it in their hearts'....

JWs love speculating how the worlds political powers are going to go after religion (any day now) to fix their financial problems. This kind of deluded reasoning shows how little some of them understand basic economics. They don't take time to think about it, they just know that it will happen because they read it in a WT.

Just about every JW expects to wake up one day with 'The UN Turns On Religion' plastered all over the news. Poor suckers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit