We Are Telling You. You Cannot Go To University! Why? Because You Are A Drone!

by LoisLane looking for Superman 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

The Governing Body Members do not want anyone to have "higher" Education, unless, as we all know, it benefits them. lol

To keep millions of people, under educated, under fulfilled, strictly obedient to them, makes Jehovah's Witnesses, easier to manipulate, easier to handle, easier to make into drones.

Wake up people!

Just Lois

• Stubborn Disbeliever
    Stubborn Disbeliever

When I said I wanted to go to nursing school, my family looked at me like I was crazy. They said I wouldn't finish, and I wouldn't amount to anything. They just said I should worry about becoming a Pioneer (which I never did, not even Auxillary), finding a husband, and Pioneering instead of going to school or having children. Yeah, children weren't an option either. I was a difficult child anyways, I had my own mind and wasn't brainwashed, so it only added to it. But I just remember hearing all the time at conventions and assemblies how those getting ready to graduate should really think about finding a part-time job and going into the full-time ministry or Bethel service. I would just roll my eyes. WHY would anyone want to do that?! Why wouldn't you want to find a passion in a job and find your soul-mate and have kids?! Oh yeah...cult. It's just so sad. They need to keep their drones in sight and easy to manipulate, you are right, Lois!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I, too, rolled my eyes at the convention talks about the perils of college.

Luckily for me, both my JW parents wanted me to go to college. They entered in the late 1940s & 50s, and had seen 1975 come & go. They too didn't go to college, becuase of the WTS. I think they lost alot of faith at that point, and both took classes at the local community college. They said that I needed to make a real living, and college was my ticket. I was book smart. But, they just said that I just shouldn't say too much in the Kingdom Hall. This was 1984, back when college was a major "no, no." So, I went to school, and rarely to the Kingdom Hall. Later, they became fervent JWs. But, they still to this day see nothing wrong with college.

• goatshapeddemon
    goatshapeddemon

My dad was axed because he let us go to college. I don't think I'll ever "get over" that little gem of a teaching.

At least we GOT an education though!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This sounds like the cat lick church they bash so much. And not the modern, watered-down version, either--the version that had exclusive control of its flock during the Dark Ages. No education. No fulfillment. No material prosperity. Sex is highly regulated. No learning to differentiate one being from another--you have the same feeling toward everyone. No freedom to communicate. Just like the cat lick church was during the Inquisition. Just like the cat lick church under the Law of St Benedict is to this very day--endless stupid reading based on the LIE-ble and/or publications of dogma.

Once you start looking outside the source, you explode the myths created by dogma. The earth is not flat. The earth was not created in 6 days, or 50,000 years. The sun does not revolve around the earth. Once you bust a few myths, you bust others--including the whole concept of Jesus saving anything except joke-hova's ability to enslave the world. The whole myth of Satan being evil is shattered in a million pieces, once you start looking beyond the dogma. As is the whole joke-hova being anything but a rotten tyrant out to enslave us. And the whole thing comes down.

Instead, look at the total cost and benefit. Be realistic, not biased by religious dogma. You can get a good education simply by researching things online, again busting myths and learning to reach your own conclusions. You might be able to attend college--bear in mind that the Rockefeller scum own the whole education system from pre-school all the way up, and you need to do research outside that system as well in order to maximize your ability to think yourself. But, "just because time is running short to do more for us" is never good enough.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Not focusing on University, but on University sports...

The GDP would be so much higher if there were no University sports. All of the time lost at work with sports watching and pools.

So much resources put into college sports. Partying and Frat houses.

I have to say that discouraging University isn't all bad because it discourages those mindless sports.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Shut up and go wash them windows and scrub them dunnies.

• compound complex
    compound complex

An anointed sister encouraged me to stay in college.

Should have listened to her . . .

Hi Lois!

CoCo

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Good Morning Co Co! We both are early today.

I was thinking of you last night, when I posted something on the "goofy" side. I could just hear you groan of displeasure, of fingernails on the chalkboard, kind. You are an Editor and I write for fun.

I wish you had finished your schooling, and I wish, just about anything else for me for my life, than the life that was forced upon me. I want love. I didn't get any. If you are well watered with love and sunshine and encouragements, and good things, and treated decently, you can become anything. I am having a hard time right now, developing into the person, I should have been. At 63, it is kind of late.

Have great day. Co Co.

Just Lois

• compound complex
    compound complex

Stay with it, dear Lois. It's never too late!

Ray Bradbury's "college" education, I recall, was the Los Angeles library system, from which he "graduated" in his late 20s. Even if my facts are not 100%, there's hope for all of us, as we enjoy life to the full each day.

Love,

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit