Rebuttals:"Wait on Jehovah"

by Emery 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Emery
    Emery

Ok I think most of you at some point have come across the apologetic saying "Wait on Jehovah" from JWs whenever an injustice occurs in the organization. Many have also used this expression to abandon evidence against the "Truth". This has easily become one of my biggest pet peeves now since speaking to others about TTATT. It is often repeated ad nauseum. This statement is both a conversation and thought stopper used to alleviate the cognitive dissonance operating in their minds. I find the saying to be cheap and inconsistent according to their very own standards (Holy Trinity being a mystery).

What are some great rebuttals to this expression? Thanks!

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

"We don't have to wait on Jehovah, He's way ahead of us - just read His Word!!".

• Watchtower-Free
  • Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I will wait for him to fix things then start coming back!

• prologos
    prologos

troble is you might die before the time-delayed-fix happens.

It took 93 years to fix the FDS dilemma/error and

it is still leaking. so start waiting some more.

some more groaning

wait a minute, wait on Jehovah?

a license do do anything. repercussions only for the victims.

• Ding
    Ding

A more confrontational response might be, "That comment presupposes that Jehovah is actually behind all of this."

• franticfran
    franticfran

We got sick of hearing that so my husband said to one elder,what exactly are we waiting for? Did Jehovah not give us all we need to survive in his book the bible? So what are we waiting for? a bolt of lightning perhaps? Now when we get asked to "move on" we say"oh but we have,we are now leaving it with Jehovah" .........(confused look).... NOW LEAVE US ALONE!!! it works

• Slavenomore
    Slavenomore

It's the same old canard...the missionaries and priest told the enslaved 3rd world workers living in utter poverty and oppression that their reward is in heaven! The Dalit class in India are told to work harder and wait til reincarnation. The Christians are told to carry their cross. All the while the elite religionists, industrialists and politicians get richer and more powerful. Religion is indeed a thought stopping opiate.

On the other hand, what if there was serious financial corruption and/or fraud or the appearance of which going down in the corporation that jws worship? Jesus was quick to denounce the money changers and unscrupulous profiteers. Jesus didn't wait for His daddy to change that. if people are supposed to walk in his footsteps then why not make a fuss. Start with the RBC and "relief" work scam.

So that might be an angle to interrupt the thought stopping crappola of "wait on daddy".

Just a thought

Slavenomore

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Watchtower - Free...Yes!

Oh, how do you wake up drones? They are caught up in a routine...that doesn't allow them down time to think. If something goes wrong...wait on Jehovah?

Waiting on Jehovah is like, silently calling a Taxi, and expecting it to show up at the exact time you need it. One "may" happen to be passing by your location, but more than likely, you will passively and mutely just wait on the "Taxi" longer, and wait passively longer, and then your day is done. You don't need a Taxi any longer, because you are now dead and done nothing with your life...passively waiting on Jehovah.

Just Lois

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I like the searcher's rebuttal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit