Rebuttals:"Wait on Jehovah"

by Emery 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

Witnesses think that "waiting on Jehovah" is really waiting on the WTS! They have been taught that Jehovah only operates through his organization.

My rebuttal has been that Jehovah corrects things via his word, the Bible. The Bible must be the rule and standard. If this shows that the WTS is wrong, then it means Jehovah is not operating through the WTS! They don't want to hear that.

"Waiting on Jehovah" is their way of dealing with false teachings they know is wrong. They accept that it is wrong, but they will continue to teach the false teaching until the WTS corrects it.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

*** w09 2/15 p. 27 par. 12 They “Keep Following the Lamb” ***

“The faithful slave is also discreet in that it neither acts immodestly, running ahead of Jehovah, nor lags behind when God’s direction on a matter is clear.”

JW’s like to say that somehow, someway, the faithful slave is directed by holy spirit but not inspired of God. If they get something wrong (like the definition of what a “generation” is, they say “see? The light got brighter. We never claimed to be inspired.” OK. I think that is bullshit, but ok. Now…..how do you reconcile that defense with what is written above? If the slave spent decades claiming that the end of this system was going to come during the 80’s or 90’s due to the “fact” that the “generation” that saw the events of 1914 wouldn’t pass away before the “end” comes…….and then that slave later changes their mind on the matter………..isn’t that in and of itself PROOF POSITIVE that they DID run ahead of Jehovah? If they teach ANYTHING that later has to be amended, how can they say that they DIDN’T run ahead of Jehovah?

If the current teaching (that a generation is REALLY defined by lives that overlap) is the end all, be all, correct one, and is an IMPROVEMENT upon the previous belief (of course it is supposed to be, or else why change it?) then can it really be said that they didn’t lag behind? If God DIRECTED them to teach the previous WRONG belief……then God is directing falsehood and no one at all should want to serve him. But if God did NOT direct them to teach something wrong…..then the only explanation is that they DID lag behind when God was attempting to direct them!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

*** w00 10/1 p. 32 Are You Discreet? ***

Those to whom Jesus Christ has entrusted "all his belongings", ( Sorry, that hasn't happened yet.) are described in God's Word as "faithful and discreet." (Matthew 24:45-47) They do not immodestly run ahead of Jehovah on an impulsive whim;( 1968 Awake/education, or claiming to be appointed over all the belongings decades too early ) nor do they lag behind ( Superior Authorities/Organ Transplants) when God's direction in a matter is clear. They know when it is time to speak and when it is time to wait silently for further clarification (tm).

OOPS!!!!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

If I wait on Jehovah how will I know for sure that I have my answer?

• aposta-Z

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit