by silentlambs 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Earnest
    Earnest

Why dignify filth with a response ?

Earnest

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

My response to the email....

For a young man you certainly have some strong opinions. I encourage you to visit the silentlambs website, www.silentlambs.org and try and find any apostate material there. Silentlambs is a non profit organization founded for the benefit of JW victims of child molestation. If you review the victim’s pages you will find over 500 stories of those who were molested as jw children. IF reaching out to victims and offering them assistance is considered apostate then the definition has certainly been expanded to another level that I am not aware. I remain a jw in “good standing” and I speak with several brothers and sisters on a regular basis. I have no axe to grind with wt regarding doctrine or anything else other than how wt policy allows children to be hurt. I encourage you to educate yourself on this issue, read the sl website, read the boe letters, read the comments from those who speak for jw’s, if you do you will find a problem that needs to be addressed. Use the youthful energy you have to help children, pioneer, or reach out in the congregation do not waste it insulting fellow brothers and sisters who are trying to help those who suffer in silence.

silentlambs

His response back.....

youthful energy?lol the only reason as u say you are still in good standing may be the sensitivity of this subject.IT will pass . you say u are reaching out to the abused people and u have so many letters i read have seen some .how do u no all of them our true anybody can write a letter and claim he was abused from my birth im been raised as a jehovahs witnesses i never have heard it in my life.all my friends that spread from huntsville alabama,the whole alabama knoxville tennesses and parts of florida and louisanana i have never heard of this.its small no matter whatever u think iof it.u claim u a brother in good standing but u associate with randy freeminds guy and a common bond(!) oh my GOD the sodom site u just dont care anymore eh? whatever i will go anywhere no matter how immoraally sick and apostsate they are . i bet next u will will be talking about this on a demonic vodoo site they dont like jehovahs witnesses also, but any thing for the sexually abused even if it goes over every boundry? in your so called rage over this u are ruining your self --it dosent look good 4 you

next message...

also im a treatment plant operator in mississippi i have a wasterwater managemnt associate degree and silent brain if u no about them you should no will live alright and all the good typing in the world will save your hide. cheers

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

What do you expect from some with an AA degree in Waste Water Management... he's around the filth so much, that's all he sees. (And it's really apparant that it's effected his reasoning a motor skills....sad, isn't it)

• D8TA
    D8TA

"Hey ma! Thar be this apostaten web page on that thar computer. Must be dem Homersexuals. I guess I be writen them an e-mail, praise Jehover!" - Brother Cleetus Rankinfile

D8TA

• thewiz
    thewiz

I know the WTB&TS labels a person "apostate" to completely discredit them from the "flock," but what do you people do to discredit a person you don't agree with here?

I find, more often than not, it's their spelling or grammer.

You completely discredit a person's point by their spellling?
    week-man-week.

Make sure you use CAPs, dot your i's, cross your t's ONLY the most intelligent person's posts here make it into Nature or Scientific American.

You people are unbelievable sometimes

• AlanF
    AlanF

No, WhizKid, people are not discredited on this site by others pointing out mere spelling or "grammer" mistakes. They discredit themselves by posting stupidities -- just like you regularly do. They discredit themselves by failing to understand simple points, by failing to respond properly to logical challenges, and in plenty of other ways. You discredit yourself in your post here by utterly failing to understand the issue you yourself raised and thereby focusing on a trivial matter.

What do you fail to understand? That labeling someone an "apostate" is a totally subjective matter, whereas pointing out that someone is a lousy speller is objectively verifiable. So you're comparing apples and oranges. The sad thing is that you obviously lack the mental capacity to understand such a simple thing.

Another simple observation about your intellectual lack is that you don't understand that you've failed to indicate who the "you" is in your post here. Just who discredited "a person's point by their spelling"? Are you so filled with a dull sense of self-importance that you expect readers to go back and figure it out? Typical of JWs and their defenders, you probably are.

Your expression "week-man-week" really takes the cake. You're obviously a native English speaker but you don't understand that such an expression illustrates your overall lack of brainpower. "Weak, man, weak!" works much better.

If you respond to my post, you'll likely again show a lack of mental ability by focusing on my pointing out your minor errors and ignoring the pointing out of your major ones. You're set in your ways, man! Send me ten bucks and I'll write your response for you.

AlanF

• Solace
    Solace

This is so typical.
    This kind of person is a dream for the W.T.S because not only is he not very bright but he is also very outspoken.
    God help him.

• DanielHaase
    DanielHaase

How embarrassing for those of us (or am I the only one?) here in Mississippi. It does almost look like somebody who is learning english as a second language, and we do have many Mexican immigrants here. But it also looks like one of those "voice" typer things...you know, you speak and it types for you but never gets the right words. Oh well. Now I'm ranting.

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

It isn't just his spelling that is bad. Its his overall grammar. If anybody (I know) was to have a conversation with this water waster manager and he spoke with the same grammar as he typed, they would question his thinking ability. Nothing he said was substantial, just attacks. His arguements about anyone could write a letter claiming they were sexually abused is disgusting. It is a touchy matter and people might not want to tell this obviously outspoken judgemental person their dark secrets. My wife on the other hand has a personality that people just open up to. It seems as if half the people she knows were molested at one time or another (jw or not JW). It does happens. If it gets covered up and not dealt with, we have a serious issue. (oops, getting off my soapbox)
    This kind of reasoning (Everything negative said about WT must be lies) shows a closed, unintelligent mind. Wheh...

• Earnest
    Earnest

AlanF,

I am surprised at your response to thewiz who expressed his view that contributors to this forum use criticism of spelling and grammar to discredit supporters of the WTS.

You may not agree with his viewpoint and you provided a number of reasons you believed it to be wrong, which is fair enough. But you then go on to use expressions like "you obviously lack the mental capacity to understand such a simple thing", "Another simple observation about your intellectual lack", "Are you so filled with a dull sense of self-importance". And you then ridicule any response he might make with "If you respond to my post, you'll likely again show a lack of mental ability...". All these phrases are simply ridicule and a form of intellectual intimidation and I think them unworthy of you. I took his expression "week-man-week" as ironic but you may be right that his spelling is also under par.

At the same time I should add that all your correspondence with me has shown the courtesy I would expect from a fellow truth-seeker. I always look forward to reading your posts and regret this departure from fair discussion. On a more personal note, please keep us informed of your daughter's progress. Both her recovery and your feelings as parents have been regularly on my mind and I'm sure that is true of many on this forum.

Best wishes,

Earnest

Edited to say I've just read your update on daughter and family. Thanks for letting us know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit