There is no doubt that Adam wasn't the first man. How do believers get around that small fact?

by jam 74 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bohm
    bohm

Vidqun: Perhaps Adam was the first "civilized" man? Yes, I know it's a theory. If you do not like it, you have to disprove it.

So if i claimed i had an invisible dragon in the garage, it would be up to you to disprove it and otherwise accept it as true?

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

So if i claimed i had an invisible dragon in the garage, it would be up to you to disprove it and otherwise accept it as true?

Of course. If you are accused of murder, it is your responsibility to prove that you are not guilty, while the DA is cracking jokes and sipping on coffee at their table..

Or was it the other way around with that proof thingy?

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Bohm, did you carry on reading from there? Unfortunately, the JWN editor won't allow me to break it up. What say you about the rest? Unfortunately, the JWN editor won't allow me to break it up. Both those sources are very knowledgable in their fields. You present a theory, and your peers shoot it down or offer something better. They don't resort to unicorns. Leave those for the kindergarten kids to play with.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

James, this reminds me of "Prometheus." That's probably from where they started developing their plot for the movie.

• bohm
    bohm

The rest? You mean the bit about writing which ignore evidence contrary to your idea?

• elder-schmelder
  • Tater-T
    Tater-T

confirmation bias.. works everytime

• Simon
    Simon

TOPIC CLEANED UP

Anyone posting racist comments and anyone arguing over them and making insults in return are ALL guilty of contributing to the problem.

Thank you, Simon for cleaning up this topic, and my apologies for my response to the post.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I missed it all. I am not reading the whole thread.

But, I did see a great documentary on Netflix, "The Human Family Tree". Scientists went to a Queen's NY open market, and too DNA samples (from inside of cheeks). They traced the people to the earliest of humans and showed how their ancestors came to be/migrations/etc. As well as prove how many generations old we all are approximately. Alot longer then the JWs care to admit. But, interestingly, they were able to find linkage to 1 man and 1 woman in all of us. But, there is a significant time lapse between Scientific Adam and Scientific Eve. Add 1975 + age of Eve, and the Watchtower had better add several hundreds/thousands of generations.

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/human-family-tree/ (link to watch it)

Sketer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit