25 YEARS of compiled yearbook statistics

by 88JM 62 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

Fascinating - BTTT

• 88JM
    88JM

LisaRose:

For the "leavers" statistics, how did you calculate that? Is it the number baptized minus increased number of publishers? Does it take deaths rates into consideration?

I didn't calculate leavers?

I didn't attempt to do that as there is a bit of debate on how to produce an "accurate" figure, and I doubt I would be able to get accurate reliable historic mortality rates for each individual country.

All I'm trying to do is just collate the data really and get it into a useable format so other people can then go and make those sorts of calculations.

From the data however, you can produce still interesting and reliable statistics to show things like there are now far less hours spent per publisher and that there are far more hours spent to gain 1 baptism candidate, though you do still have to remember adjustments like being able to now count time studying with unbaptized children.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

With 277,344 newly baptised people in one year, they would occupy an additional 3466 kingdom halls if every 80 were to attend a statistical 'new' hall.

These imaginary statistical halls, if built over only 2 weeks, would require the building of 134 kingdom halls continously, having to complete one every 2 weeks, all year, all over the world.

This mass building work would need much management, though only a statistical scenario, not literal, the logistics of managing such growth is no joke. With 150 years bringing nearly 8 million people, then a quater of a million a year apparantly now joining, I am sure such an organisation would be opening NEW head quaters all over the world and printing more literature and organising more assemblies than ever before.....

What's that?

Less headquaters, less literature, less assemblies? How odd...

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

Now that Yearbooks 1927-2014 in PDF (Thanks Atlantis!) are available for download via bittorrent, Can we organize a way to include ALL data?

Torrent hash: 80525A127AA7687791CFA7782DEF47A121916E4D

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

Partakers:

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Blank post = stupid touch pad LOL

• Watchtower-Free
  • Splash
    Splash

Since 2000 there have been 3.8 million baptised.

The increase since 2000 is 2.1 million.

What happened to the missing 1.7 million?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The usual calculation has to be done, that every year 1% of JW's will die, then add the number who are Df'd DA'd every year 50,000 ? say 750,000 over 14/15 years

That will account for say, 1.25 Million "missing" , but there is still a 450,000 "Great Crowd" unaccounted for !

That is a lot of people !

(This is a "back of a ciggie packet" calculation, JWFacts.com will give a more accurate view, but yes, many have gone AWOL).

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger
    Many happy returns of the day to you and SBF. Thnks for theinfo.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit