New here.

by joe134cd 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Welcome! Glad to have you here with us.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Welcome Joe,

You need new bridges. There's plenty to be found here. I live in L.A. I am not a JW, therefore I am not going to shun you. PM me if you are in the area.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Welcome Joe!

Thank you for your message- i have sent one to you.

Deciding what to do is not always easy and I am re-evaluating my descisions. I have been away from meetings and inactive for nearly 8 years but now am not so sure I should have left in the first place.

Each of us must do what is best for us and some descisions take much time as something may seem right at the time and you act on it. But as years go by you may have a different perspective.

I am happy I discovered much info on the wts here on jwn but also realize that we do not have ALL of the facts as to why certain things are done by the society a certain way.

And yes, many witnesses do not want to hear about anything they feel is negative about the society. But no organization has perfect people who are inspired of God. Mistakes and wrongdfoing will take place even as they did in Biblical times.

If you wish to leave the cong then just gradually becoming inactive seems the best way. I will not tell you to stay if you no longer belive in it.

But if you leave don't let it be because of wrongdoings of sinful, imperfect people.

Only you can decide what is best for you but it could be a while before you finally figure out what that is!

Take care Joe!

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hi Joe,

You have a great opening post.

It is nice to meet you.

You have a good head on your shoulders.

I too had to come to JWN to find answers.

Welcome.

Just Lois

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

A good trick for fading that worked for me was to simply move to another suburb where you are not well known at all, and just don't attend the new congregation :-).

Good luck. The whole process of coming out into the light of reality and removing all the veils of illusion over your mind can take a few years, so keep reading and researching but be patient and kind with yourself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit