Your worst convention experience.

by zeb 91 Replies latest jw experiences

• Scott77
  • Scott77
    Scott77

"It turned out that he [my husband who is a Jehovah's witnesses Elder] got a speeding ticket on his way to the assembly site, and decided to take it out on me. Well, I didn't tell him to drive too fast!
    Mum

Its surprises me that even those who admonish us about the need to follow ceasar's law also do break it themselves. What can we say about that? What a big hypocrite they are! The Watchtower itself is not an exception.

Scott77

• Scott77
    Scott77

"...Of course, we had to do field service. Our "territory" included an apartment building in which lived a very vocal, JW-hating lady who screamed at us in French as we went to every door. Oh yeah, memories are made of this..."

cobaltcupcake

OMG! That 'very vocal, JW-hating lady' was doing a great service for us. I wish everyone was like her.

Scott77

• Scott77
    Scott77

"Freddie Franz is mentioning menstruation. I was totally appalled. In the past, I viewed him with great respect b/c he was such a towering intellectual, according to the Witnesses"
    Band on the Run

Hi BOTN,

How tall was Fred Franz? Was he above ordinary average?

Scott77

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Whatthehades. I was at that same convention. What a cluster that turned out to be

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Sheffield Wednesday stadium mid-eighties. Hot weather, terrible hay-fever and then I got sun-burnt on my face and neck which then blistered. We should have gone home

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

But what about the banquet of spiritual food so lovingly provided for us by the Slave class? Come on, have some appreciation for the brothers' hard work!

Irreverent jokes

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

LOL Julia, if only anything in that religion could have fed my spirit. Instead of which it broke my spirit. Now I'm off on holiday tomorrow to feed my spirit with sunshine, beautiful scenery, good food and wine!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Enjoy!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Thanks I intend to

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit