Being honest & fair, can you think of anything that the Watchtower does that's beneficial to the public?

by Theocratic Sedition 44 Replies latest jw friends

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" They teach deaf people how to masturbate "

LOL!!!!! Thanks. I needed that!!

Well, no matter what good has been done, it is not unique. Teaching morals..ok, but the Salvation Army can do that. The real question is what proof is there that the WTBTS is better than any other " Christian " Organization? They certainly do not have any original teachings, they didn't revive any long lost truths. All they have done is tweak doctrine as needed with the passing of time and the deaths of generations.

Can a belief in a Creator cause you to change your life? Yes. So does hitting rock-bottom. Does applying certain scriptures make you a better person? Sure. So does applying ancient Chinese proverbs.

Is buying coffee and pizza, thereby stimulating the economy a benefit to society?

• happytobefree
    happytobefree

The keep alot of crazy and unstable people in a contained environment a few times a week.

• jam
    jam

They are instrumental in waking people up on Saturday

mornings . The benefit, hell the woke me so what the heck,

I may as well cut the grass. This benefit the community.

You have to stretch it to show how the WT is beneficial to the

public.

• wasblind
    wasblind

On page 207-208 in the Reasoning book Jehovah's Witnesses claim

that they pay taxes that help the community

What they fail to mention is Jehovah' Witnesses are discouraged

from tax payin' jobs that take time away from the preachin' work

They also admit in this section of the Reasoning book they don't do a darn

thing to establish charities like the Ronald McDonald house and the Salvation army ,

rehabilitation centers, homes for the elderly or hospitals like St. Judes for children

Jehovah's Witnesses say they go futher than those charities

they offer folks a bible study and encourage folks to bump their gums

until the kingdom come

And now wit' the Noo Lite who KNOWS when that will be

• sd-7
    sd-7

In helping people learn about the Bible, JWs have been able to inspire some people to break bad habits or stop self-destructive behavior. That can be a positive thing, but it's also something that could be accomplished without destructive social influences.

But otherwise, no. They don't have any programs for the poor, hospitals, food drives, neighborhood cleanups, or any other community-based activity that would benefit non-JWs or the world outside in general. The only activity they have that engages the public is their recruitment work. So the only beneficial things they accomplish are things based on a lie. If the means is bad, and the end is good, and there are alternative, good means to the same end, it's not really logical to choose the bad means to the good end.

--sd-7

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition
    In helping people learn about the Bible, JWs have been able to inspire some people to break bad habits or stop self-destructive behavior. That can be a positive thing, but it's also something that could be accomplished without destructive social influences.

ok, that is in harmony with Sir82's post.

provided the impetus for drug abusers / alcoholics to straighten out their lives and become productive members of society.

So between those two thoughts and the following,

There have been occasions where they did help some in the community to learn how to read and write.

We're still stuck on only two aspects where the WT actually provides something beneficial to the average community.

Is there nothing else? Is that it?

• sd-7
    sd-7
    Is there nothing else? Is that it?

That's it.

It's over!!!

--sd-7

• trujw
    trujw

I guess if I was a paper salesman I would love jws oh and the trash men that clean it all up when it is immediately thrown away as they leave.

• wasblind
    wasblind

We're still stuck on only two aspects where the WT actually provides something beneficial to the average community.

Is there nothing else? Is that it?_____THEO

" The creator has the needed knowledge to solve problems, but human efforts often create more problems "____Reasoning From the Scricpture book page 156

In other words and bump your gums 'til the kingdom come while you wait on Jehovah

• Pickler
    Pickler

They kid themselves that they do anything to help society. Knocking on doors for a few hours a week, year in, year out. The WTBTS is all about being no part of the world, not helping the public! Field service hours are about getting yourself into the new system.

If you genuinely wanted to get the message out to the public about your bible knowledge, you would run a TV campaign.

i believe they do not genuinely care about the "public" at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit