new light on FDS and 1914

by inbetween 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• inbetween
    inbetween

The society claims now, that before 1914/1919 there was no FDS, this means also, Russel was not part of it, he was not the channel from God.

Then the calculation for 1914, which Russel made popular and promoted, was done in a time, when God revealed actually nothing, does this prepare the way to finally dump 1914 chronology ? Approaching the 100 year anniversary for christs supposed rulership, it becomes anyway more and more ridicolous.

I know, some argue 1914 is essential for their being chosen 1919, but now they say, they are somehow not appointed over the belongings yet, so also this aspect looses significance. And the inspection of the temple can begin anytime anyway, it was convinient to link it to 1914 but I think its not really necessary. They can twist it however they want, jesus comes 1 or two times, does what, all this they can make up how they like it.

What do you think ?

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

It's possible you are right!

I don't think it's just coincidence that they made this change in "understanding" now in 2013.

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

Ok so since they were not appointed yet then my baptism is null and void. All the preaching work is also.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The 8 old men claim to be the FDS, appointed to give out "food", just not yet appointed over "all his belongings".

They have never really bothered about the fact that 1914 doesn't stand scrutiny, hence neither does 1919, so why ditch it now ? Just because 100 years has passed ? That can be spun to their advantage.

Without 1914/1919 the GB/FDS has no claim to authority.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I mostly agree. I don't believe they will "dump" 1914 per se, but I see it doing a "fade"[1] from Jehovahs Witness history. And yes, it's no accident they've come up with this new shit a year before 2014. More to come. . .

[1] this "fade" will take place via "semantic bleaching". See chart B.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

I said in another thread that this is the beginning of getting rid of the 1914 teaching. Think of all the crap they wrote in the WT maz. and books on this subject and non of it has come true. So as time goes by even more new light connected to this new light will real that 1914 means nothing at all. Just another year in the history of mankind. They are very, very, very good at lying. Totally ADD

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective

I too wonder whether they'd totally get rid of 1914, undermining their claim for authority.

I think the "fade" idea makes sense.

They'd release a new book to use in bible studies, since the Bible Teach book preaches that Bible Students foretold 1914, and henceforth start using less overt language about it...

I wonder what will be released this year...

Alec

• inbetween
    inbetween

yes, a fade seems reasonable, more emphasis on jesus predictions of last days, less on chronology.

They moved this shaky calculation in the bible teach book towards the appendix, and mostly it was not really discussed with future converts, pubs mostlky shyed away anyway, and most of them cant explain it without help.

If it fades away, everybody will be happy,

Only thing, last years came two articles defending 607, which again contradicts the idea of getting rid of 1914, well, time will show...

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Thgis isn't the first time they moved the date. Ray Franz mentioned there was discussion to move the 1914 prediction to a later date. They can make any date work and they will publish it.

• prologos
    prologos

the crushed: right! are all wt baptism void?*

1) only baptised jws and minor dependents will survive Armageddon!

2)You could not be baptised unless you answered the OLD LIGHT questions and were elder-certified. so:

3) how can you survive Armageddon with such a flawed baptism foiundation?

Good thing Armageddon is overlapping generations away .enough time to realize its all made up.

* where is jesus' command in the name of---: the name of-- and the holy spirit?? the right formula sans l"ORGANISATION, the sacred cow?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit