OMG ....we overslept lol

by judi8751 15 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

After I faded and stopped going to meetings, my wife would not have me to wake us both up on weekends to get going to the Kingdom Hall.

I did just what you said in the opening post. I laid there, ready to burst from too much liquid last night, hoping my not getting up caused my wife to not get up. It did work often, also. And it wasn't my fault, she knew I wasn't going.

• I quit!
    I quit!

Near the end of my sentence in JWland I did that and a hundred other things to get out of going to meetings. I became a master of excuses.

• Glander
    Glander

The moment of tension I'll never forget as a kid is when the Public talk concluded and we had a 15 minute recess before the WT study. I knew my parents had about a 30% average for ducking out at the break. I never knew because they would act nonchalant, maybe even mingling and chatting for a few minutes. I kept my eye on them like a cat watching a bird, waiting for the moment my mother would either pick up her coat or go back to her seat. When we split before the WT study it was a feeling of freedom and joy.

• judi8751
    judi8751

Glander I totally understand, I would relish those few ocassions when my JW hubby would inform me that we were only going to the talk because of having 'the friends' round or going to' worldly' relatives and we neede to prepare. Think I went to those meetings with a spring in my step lol

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

When ex-hubby gave a talk in a somewhat distant congregation I'd suggest that we duck out after the talk saying "we have to get back." Sometimes he'd bite. I always hated the stress of eating lunch with strangers. Nowadays I'd love it. Shows how much ambient stress I was under between the bad marriage and the bad religion.

• judi8751
    judi8751

Your so right about the ambient stress, bad marriage and crackpot religion, looking back how did we cope ? no wonder I would see Sisters crying in the toilets & mothers's room , but not being able to verbalise what was wrong. I love meeting new people now,especially the exjw community we have had some fun times. Bloody hell back in the borg days we would have these oh so spiritual gatherings so boring & tedious, everyone trying to show how super spiritual they were and quoting scriptures right left & centre......oh makes me go all cold thinking about it lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit