OMG ....we overslept lol

by judi8751 15 Replies latest jw friends

• judi8751
    judi8751

Did anyone else do this on Sunday Mornings: when I was slowly waking up I realised that I didnt want to be at the meetings anymore, my hubby would be sleeping and I realised it was time to get up & get ready, so even though I was bursting for the loo I would hold it so as not to wake him up . Sometimes I was in pain holding it in , but waited till it was too late to get there on time lol. Then he would suggest going to the afternoon meeting intead and I would say I didnt like that congregation...YOU GO hahahahaha, funny thing is he never liked going to the meetings by himself!!! talk about making da troof your own

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

wow that brought back memories. Remember it well. "Oh sorry honey, I overslept as well. Tell you what, let's go out for breakfast"

• judi8751
    judi8751

hahahahahahatrouble is, you had to devise some new tactics for missing meetings

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Once, on the way to the Mid week meeting, I talked my wife into driving to the next town 30 miles away to her a live performance of a classical violinist. That's how bad I hated gong to the meetings.

Not that I dislike classical violinist, did not want to offend the masses here.

NJy

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

even though I was bursting for the loo I would hold it so as not to wake him up . Sometimes I was in pain holding it in , but waited till it was too late to get there on time

OMG, I did this more times than I can count! We didn't have an afternoon meeting option, so if we missed the morning meeting it was all over. Pancakes and the Sunday paper, baby!

I'd do it more often on Saturday mornings so we'd miss field service. Can you believe it, I was doing this 20 years before I finally left!

• finally awake
    finally awake

i used to do that all the time. I'd have to pee so bad, but i really really really didn't want to go to the meeting

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

We had an afternoon snorefest meeting.

I took the kids to Abbey Park in Leicester. They had a great time. We missed the meeting. It was bliss.

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

I too held off going to the toilet so as not to wake hubby many a time. Then one morning I could not wait; but I had a plan. When I got back in bed I took off my night gown. Never had to worry about Sunday mornings ever again!

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

It was always great oversleeping, like a huge relief that you didn't have to go. Plus you now had the whole day to do what you wanted!

• judi8751
    judi8751

LOL LOL Roberta, sounds good, except in my case he was crap so I never wanted it !!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit