IT IS NOT A CULT!!

by Butterflyleia85 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

IT IS NOT A CULT!!! If you weren't mesmerized by the Internet since ya know it never lies! Read the bible how do they go against it. I lived thru it I know what it felt like. THEY ARE THE TRUTH THEY ARE THE LIGHT!!!! I raise my daughters to know God loves them! It's so petty and really horrible to just post things that either are not true. It's not family shunning you it's you shunning them disrespecting them hurting them. Be like Jesus and be humble. When I watch YouTube all I hear is whining and lies its just ridiculous brainwashing HA Internet YouTube is what brainwashing is all about THAT'S WHAT it does. Yikes ya know have ACTUALLY conversations with my mom, {stated my great aunts name} and Leona ponder THEN THEN tell me it's a cult and brainwashing. There is NO WHERE I would rather my children go because they are safe !!!!!! The only place I truly FEEL safe with my girls!!!!!

My JW FB friend posted this... not directed to me personally just something I guess she had to get off her chest. I don't know her ever well, I just remember hanging out with her a few times as a JW. She's very sweet... kinda crazy but in a JW way, lol, we drank together and had fun. I don't want to say anything but then again... grrr what's wrong with this ppl why do they still hang on to these lies. :( Why don't they really research and dig... or am I missing something... maybe I'm wrong... I mean what is it???? (And I'm not sure if she knows, which I think she does but the hall she goes to, is where my great Aunt goes to. And my great Aunt way way back before I was born and when my mother was a baby is the person that witnessed to my grandpa, her brother, and he was an elder for 30 or more years. So I'm thinking she has some story about me and my family.)

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Unbeknownst to her, the reason she feels safe IS BECAUSE SHE IS IN A CULT!! That's why people join!

Interesting website about Mormonism as a cult that could open some people's eyes is here:

http://www.rationalrevelation.com/trmethods.html

However, if someone isn't ready to see the pattern, the will not see themselves as being in a cult.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Cultists talk like that when they feel threatened. Something hit close to home. To me, it is an indication that she is vulnerable to leaving. Won't bring about change with a sedgehammer though. Gotta wait until she calms down, is back to her normal self, and ask an open question.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Thanks breakfast of champions, that does help. I feel like ok I did all this research and understanding for 3 years.... why does this keep coming up? I guess cause it was inplanted in me for 20 some years I can't expect it to just go away completely... But when I think about raising my kids in it... that's scary to me to never want to go back.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Thanks jgnat... I will be dilagent for sure. I don't know what she seen I post in the past but I don't think her comment is torward me I been way to busy with my babies to worry about my old religion and researching stuff... then posting a few thoughts. I was kinda thrown from her comment cause I seen her post her kids in holiday stuff and I think her husbands nonwitness cause during election day she posted who she'd vote for... she's not baptised I don't think. But she does go to memorial and a few meets it sounds like.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

I believe the Internet was prophecied in the bible.

Here:

Revelation12:15-16

Can you think of anything else the Earth has provided which is more capable of swallowing up the lies?

abe

And the serpent disgorged water like a river from its mouth after the woman, to cause her to be drowned by the river. 16 But the earth came to the woman’s help, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed up the river that the dragon disgorged from its mouth.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I personally feel the term cult just doesn't do any good. It comes off as offensive, and even though there are cult like characteristics, I think high control group would be more fitting. Of course the more I am away......

I just think the discourse should be brought up a tad by the civilized ones in the room. Us. Meaning why not reach out to others in type of photo negative field ministry via the internet. I want to sit with that thought for a while. What would the go to presentation be?

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

" It's not family shunning you it's you shunning them disrespecting them hurting them. "

It's not the first time I've heared this. It's really interesting. I think a psychologist would name this projection.

Of course every JW knows about the shunning, it's very obvious. Nevertheless they never will admit publically that they shun people, but in certain cases it looks like they never admit it to themselves.

• *lost*
    *lost*

At first I though WTF!!!! err then why are you here ? lol.... then I got to the bottom.

It is interesting you say that she IS NOT baptised, yes?

that explains a lot. you see she is not fully in, inside the inner workings, she is only flitting round the edges, where's all warm and fuzzy in the sun. She hasn't felt the darkness inside that so many others have felt. She does'nt have the knowledge, We do cos we are out. but we can compare it to when we were 'IN' and then when we were 'OUT'

We have something to measure it by. She only has the disney movie. She is ingnorant. I was the very same. But now I KNOW TTATT. I can see it all. Warts and all.

I have a dear elder couple who are also good friends, they are wonderful people. True christians (whatever that is these days..lol) and i love them. I have memories with them. It hurts me to see them, knowing what I know and I just want to make them see through it, to wake up and realise TTAATT. But I also KNOW why they are so cpommitted, as they believe the message, they believe in God, Jesus, the Bible. they just don't know it's the organisation that's wrong.

Then it's really hard to talk to anyone else about cos unless they have the knowledge you mat as well be talking alien speak, they prob think your a bit nuts. Then family and people think your a bit nuts if you are in. It's like being in a storm.

I'm finding it so hard just to be able to get it across to my non-jw partner in a way that he understands. cos like your friend he doesn't have the knowledge of it. not a clue to the realities and truths. the horror stories.

He can't understand why I am leaving the 'cult' cos he only see's good christian religion. I have the hard work of trying to get it into him it's not a good christian religion, it's fake, it's a cult, the organisation is rotten.

Yes she is frightened. I was frightened when I found out TTATT.

I was frightened when I first came on here and took a peak.

I was frightened when I registered.

I was firghtened when I first posted / commented.

I was frightened when I was on here at home in my own house ( where I am supposed to feel safe)

I was frightened of what to say and how to say it to my partner ( God love him, he's brilliant, we have been through so much )

I was frightened my children would catch me on here, or see something, or read something, because I haven't told them yet. And don't know where to even begin with them. And they are not even jw kids, but know I am (technically) one.

I'm frightened my old jw elder cuple will find out.

I'm even still frightened of their warped controlling teachings, that I am now a goat and God hates me. lol. yep. I know it's not true.

But our minds have been so thoroughly conditioned to it it's hard not to.

It's now a 'malady' a 'sickness/illness' 'disease'. We have to treat it and watch for recuperation. adjusting the medicine/treatment along the way. as we figure it all out.

I think with your friend, you should say NOTHING at all whatsover, unless she comes to you. then let her talk, son't say anything that can come back to bite you. make sure you have enough info on her that you have a bit of power to control her with if it goes pear-shaped. you canot trust anyone. Not even family.

i hope she learns. good luck

lost

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

*Lost* makes some very good points. I was the same way. I was literally shaking and short of breath when I opened Crises of Conscience for the first time.

When FREEDOM makes you nervous.......you are in a cult

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit