IT IS NOT A CULT!!

by Butterflyleia85 31 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

There is NO WHERE I would rather my children go because they are safe !!!!!! The only place I truly FEEL safe with my girls!!!!!

Then she has a lot to learn!

4a526ca693714f42faa67561027e0401833fbab0

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I used to say that but I can say it now it is a fxxxing cult!

[edited for language, guideline 3 - jgnat]

• flipper
    flipper

BUTTERFLYLEIA- Very interesting experience ! Thanks for sharing. ( Say hi to hubby and hope you and your wonderful children are doing well My wife says Hi ! ! )

Isn't it amazing how much FEAR dictates JW's lives ? This FB friend like Lost said is so uninformed because she obviously hasn't seen the unjust actions within the organization yet due to being unbaptized . All she knows is what she hears from other JW family and friends without researching it herself. JW's help keep each other in fear and guilt by constantly reminding each other " how terrible the world is " or how " worldly " people are allegedly controlled by " Satan " - so they keep each other scared to death and trapped and controlled by the WT Society within the mental sickness of mind control. It's like the old expression " misery loves company ". JW's are so miserable in being trapped inside mind control they want to make sure they're not alone - so they keep their families trapped inside the organization with them instead of opening their minds to what they perceive as outside " dangerous information ". What they DO NOT understand is it's more dangerous for them in life staying trapped in a mind control cult

• I quit!
    I quit!
    It's not family shunning you it's you shunning them disrespecting them hurting them. Be like Jesus and be humble

Don't you just love this twisted logic? The reply to that is very simple. If someone who has left the Witnesses says hello to a JW and the JW ingores them who is shunning who? Ask any normal person and you'll get the right answer. Ask someone brainwashed by a cult and you'll probably get the above answer. The second sentence should read: "Be like me. Be gullible."

• LV101
    LV101

what jnat said. The truth hurts and she doesn't want to give up her fantasies as truth (reality) isn't fun/painful but the pathway to peace.

LV

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

The lady doth protest too much, methinks. - Hamlet Act 3, scene 2

• Mum
    Mum

My non-JW brother-in-law has had a brother, two sisters-in-law (his brother's wife and me) and a daughter who have been dubs. Only his brother and sister-in-law are still dubs, his brother being a recent convert whose wife converted in the early '70's.

Recently, my b-i-l's mother died, and hs brother and sister-in-law behaved arrogantly. They would not come inside the funeral home, although they did show up for the funeral. We don't know if it is because my ex-JW niece was there or because a Baptist minister was performing the service. Either way, they stayed outside.

A few weeks ago, some JW's showed up at my sister's and b-i-l's front door. My b-i-l started yelling at them and told them they were a crazy cult and that there was no way he was going to let some old men in Brooklyn run his life. They asked him about his brother. He said that he never sees his brother since his brother became a JW (just a year or two ago, I think, after living with a JW wife for many years).

My sister was not present when all of this occurred, but she found out about it and told it to me the other day.

I was the first to become a JW in our family. I feel almost responsible for some of this nonsense.

When a man won't go to his own mother's funeral after that mother did a lot for him, that's a sure sign that he's in a cult.

• sd-7
    sd-7

You're right. What was I thinking? Let me stop shunning all my friends at the KH from now on...he said sarcastically.

--sd-7

• Balsam
    Balsam

Her comment is not surprising really, or it shouldn't be. There is nothing more frightening than people who used to be in your religion turning on it and questioning it and saying it is a cult. I went through that same thinking when I first began to question, it was painful and I defended the JW religion. Then gradually I realized the foundation the JW religion was built on was crumbling very quickly. It took me a couple of years to leave fully and it was painful and hard. Calling it a cult to these folks freaks them out but at the same time they need to hear it and understand why it is a cult because of the high control efforts of the GB on the rank & file followers. The shear fact any of them come here and read is evidence of their doubt and feelings something isn't right.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its a PUBLISHING cult supporting fraudulent doctrines and teachings which were originally designed to attract attention from the publics eyes.

The JW religion gets categorized as being a high controlling religious cult, based for the high controlling aspect of this organization, placed upon

its devoted members. You could even go as far as calling it a corrupt religious dictatorship.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit