Who would you date?

by MsD 27 Replies latest jw friends

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

her having kids wouldn't put me off...my being 20 years older would probably put her off

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

FOUR KIDS?

I'd run from that! But I've lived that phase of life already. Don't want to repeat it at this age.

Doc

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Sounds like mrs P when we met, though she only had 3 children.

There are no rules. Weve been together for 15 years. No regrets. I love my step children as much as my own, and they me.

Life is wonderful.

We have often said that our past lives, before we met, seem now but as a dream; as if we are spectators watching another, different couple.

JLP.

• quincy_aka_quentin
    quincy_aka_quentin

Never had a problem with someone having kids....I would say that for everyone put off by that, there will be any number of men who would not care...

• Terry
    Terry

I personally don't think we can pre-qualify people based on anything at all.

A human being is so complex an organism!

There are a hundred ways to present an awful moron and make it appealing.

Conversely, you can denigrate a near perfect masterpiece and raise such doubts nobody would choose them.

People are more than a list.

Give the person a chance by meeting them, talking to them, asking questions, listening. Listening more.

Understanding.

It takes work to understand a good book that is deep. Don't just read the flyleaf and think you've got a clue.

When we disqualify somebody from a few words used to describe them we say more about ourself than about them.

• StinkyPantz2.0
    StinkyPantz2.0

Wow. " I wonder if she can ever really date again?" Why? Because all men are jerks?

• rocketman
    rocketman

A woman I know, who is several years older than your friend at age 32 (I'm guessing early 40s) is divorcing and she has four kids. It's tough. There's a lot of appealing things about this woman, but four kids is a tall order. I'd date her casually, but I'm not sure I'd want an instant big family, so I don't think I'd want to get serious - which means, by my standards, no I wouldn't date her. If there's no prospect of an LTR, I'm not going to date a woman just to break up with her eventually.

• Terry
    Terry

The worse the comments the more clueless the guy making them. It is almost axiomatic.

If only perfect men were allowed to evaluate the opposite sex there would be no criticism at all.

But, something makes guys think their own opinion is not only important but accurate.

I guess you could say: entitled.

I remember when I was about 16. I had a casual date with a girl that my best friend was smitten with but who wouldn't go out with him.

He said to me, "I just don't understand how you can go out with somebody as homely and plain as she is!"

I still think that is an astonishing remark!

I won't tell you what I said to him!

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Wait, why couldn't she date again? My mom was almost 50, had 5 kids and dated (and married) someone after my dad died.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Definately not a wrap for her considering how many women with kids I've seen snag a man. Myself personally, I'm not into the readymade family thing. Any single man without kids and is relatively successful and gets involved with a woman that has multiple crumbsnatchers, something's wrong with him. Plus her Ex is in the picture with visitation drama, child support, alimony, etc.? To heck with that. Ron Goldman might still be alive had he not got involved with her. Life has enough issues without dealing with unnecessary domestic problems that could have been avoided. Those young kids turn into teenagers someday too. If you're the stepfather, get ready to hear, "You're not my father!" when you don't tell them what they want to hear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit