Who would you date?

by MsD 27 Replies latest jw friends

• MsD
    MsD

I was just wondering I have a friend who is getting divorced. She is 32yrs old and has 4 children ranging from 10 yrs old to 18 mths old and I wonder if she can ever really date again? She's a really pretty woman but still I wonder. What are your thoughts guys?

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I would not be interested in LTR with that woman, maybe friends with benefits.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I have the feeling that she might not find someone for LTR.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

If she is in Atlanta, PM me.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Depends on what kind of parent she is. I know single mothers with kids who are a pleasure to be around, so the sacrifice of no "single" time would be compensated by being part of a family. On the other hand, I know single mothers who are hopeless at parenting and their kids are like feral cats! The danger for us decent guys is that children whether they want to or not will see you (eventually) as dad. If there is a breakup the poor kids can be distraught. I have been there but thankfully could keep contact with the little one. She is now eleven and flourishing.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Dude seriously run! If you stay with her long enough and it doesn't work out, she can sue you for child support for the kids and you may have to pay.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

I'd date Leolaia. Where is she lately anyway, she hasn't posted in ages?

• dozy
    dozy

I'm newly separated & my initial impression of the "dating" scene is that it is much easier for 30 / 40 year old women to get dates than guys. If you look on any dating website , the available men outnumber the women by 2 or 3 to 1.

Obviously the kids don't really help the situation but that would be an issue for a few months down the line - most guys don't really have that kind of time perspective initially , especially if she is really pretty. LTR - who knows - if they fall in love , then why not?

• david_10
    david_10

I kinda know how she feels: I'm not divorced but my wife and I have been separated for nearly a year and half. It's getting to be long time, now. I don't think we're going to get back together, but until divorce papers are signed, you never know. Even after all this time, I'm still so jaded and cynical that I wonder if I'll ever be able to commit again.

I imagine your friend feels about the same way. I wish her well and hope it works out for her.

To answer your question, her kids would make no difference at all to me. (Of course, that's assuming that I'm around 30 years younger and lived a thousand miles closer.) There's going to be a lot of other factors that come into play, kids or not, and I think there's a lot of guys who wouldn't see the kids as the main issue. So if a relationship is what she wants, tell her not to be discouraged.................. there's hope.

David

• perfect1
    perfect1

This is a silly question.

Your friends love life is not doomed because she is a) 32 or b) a parent with kids.

Anyone can date anyone.

Its kind of rude to assume your friend is damaged goods now.

People fall in love all the time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit