No more big District Conventions?

by serenitynow! 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective

LOL amazing Moshe, just in case someone missed it I think Cedars posted this one...

Alec

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

But wait... How are stadium owners supposed to get the chewing gum off their stadium seats???

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

CA, I was thinking the exact same thing! In our area they renovated the arena and asked JW to come and clean the venue after the work was completed...the district conventions were months away but the free labour would get the WT a discount later on...

• sd-7
    sd-7
    I don't think it's been called a "bulletin board" for 35 or 40 years. Didn't you get the "New Light" memo? LOL.

And Don't Call Me Shirley, there's a reason I don't use JW terminology most of the time. "Loaded language" is that reason. I don't generally like to use their words to describe things that in "regular language" would be something else. My departure was a very traumatic thing, so the fewer of their words I use, the better I feel.

I get that you were just pointing that out, of course, I'm just explaining. I do remember that it's the "Information Board". I haven't been out that long...

--sd-7

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

They just finished our Assembly Hall here in Denver. It sounds like it is going to be used most weekends throughout the year - including 7 District Conventions this summer. The GB-2 should look into building a hotel close by so they can rake in even more $$$$. Maybe a restaurant too - let all the sheeples know where they can eat and sleep.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Noolite memo on "BULLETIN" board?!!!!!! What was this?

Bulletin is from the italian "bulletino" or little notice, put up on a wall or church door. From the latin "bulla" or announcement.

What did the memo say?

HB

• designs
    designs

Now you can go to the Circuit Assembly, Special Day Assembly, and District Assembly and see the same 1200 people

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

It would be interesting to see some massive OCCUPY movement

that excedes the number of those attending,

complete with their own literature tables, and food

and friendly people looking happy instead

of angry as is the usual, anti- WT "demonstration" mode.

And music and celebration. I favor Flash-Mob Dancing.

As the attendees walk by a sudden Falsh-Mob Dance by the apostates

The only "demonstrations" I ever saw looked scary and angry

and looked like miserable people "gnashing their teeth".

Joyful is the way I feel about being intellectually,

spiritually and emotionally free of the WT false prophets

and false doctrines. I know some still feel

connected to the doctrines of the WT.

its like they still have their hooks in you. Too bad

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Seems the way to go way pay money to a worldly stadium when you can utilize your own facilities and hand the rank and file the bill at the end by announcing a deficit at the last day of the special event. More money for the corporation pockets.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I know it's not called a bulletin board. I don't give a crap.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit