The official list of things for which you may be disfellowshipped

by slimboyfat 80 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Thoughtless
    Thoughtless

Tim, it is not a comprehensive list. So this actual list is more IMPLIED but it still happens.

• blondie
    blondie

I didn't read the full list, but isn't joining another religion disassociating oneself.

It can't mean attending a relative's wedding or funeral in a church or chapel or we would have been out long ago.

Of course, the elders make he rules.

• caliber
    caliber

Disassociating is something you do, whereas disfellowshipping is something they (the elders) do. Both have the same outcome as regards shunning, and the announcement to the congregation is the same.

Although disassociation is "self-inflicted" as it were, it can be forced upon you if your actions are interpreted as demonstrating that you no longer consider yourself one of Jehovah's Witnesses. An example would be joining the army, attending another church . I think regular attendence at a church after being spoken to would be considered defiance without actually becoming a member right ?

I think the reason certain things don't appear on the list is stated on page one...human rights issues

To be fully complete, you'd need to add the list of things that result in "disassociating oneself" (i.e., things that the WTS is afraid of being sued over, or afraid of losing prestige or influence over, so they didn't make the DF list):

-- Joining the military

-- Accepting a blood transfusion

-- Voting ~~~sir82

• caliber
    caliber

There are rules that came from an Elders school that the Elders had to pencil into the Elder's manual.

"Penciled in" gives direction without accountability ink erasers can leave a nasty trail

• kjg132
    kjg132

I dont think this was mentioned but I was disfellowshipped for "the appearance of fornication" meaning that we never "did" anything...he was a total gentleman...we only cuddled and kissed and hands didnt stray and clothes stayed on. they asked very invasive questions like they asked him "were you aroused when you were kissing her"? we kept late hours and didnt have chaperone so it was decided that we would both be disfellowshipped for "the appearance of fornication" because neighbors or whomever who saw me leaving so late/early would think that we had.....totally ludricrous to me now but at the time we took it so seriously...we got married before the announcement so as "not to appear to fornicate" any longer... I was 18 he was 21 we were reinstated 6 months later. we did not wake up until 2-3 years ago. the silver lining is that we just celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary and are still in love and happy...and have 4 great kids to show for it.

• mouthy
    mouthy

kjg132. Thanks for that post. You have made my day!!!! Great to hear they didnt destroy the LOVE you
    experienced.I love to hear stories of survival Thanks A LOT

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

KjG,

Great post. I am glad to hear about it. What part of the world are you guys in.

On the post though..........has this list been verified as real and IN PRINT? The reason i ask is....taking up boxing is a disfellowshipping offense? I don't know about that one.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

8.Delay in reporting a rape? (extremely obscure wording, not sure what is meant at all)

delay implies she was complicit in the sex act

49.Taking up boxing)

so if I take the thai-fit boxing class at my gym I can be DF'd?? I would LOVE to see that!!!!!

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

What about gambling? I thought that was too.

• wasblind
    wasblind

1. Fondling breasts without the intention of marrying

Ladies. Always ask your physician what his intentions are

before he examines your breast

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit