The official list of things for which you may be disfellowshipped

by slimboyfat 80 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

No they would probably class it as uncleanness or something like that.

• Bella15
    Bella15

is this for real???

@Eating so much food that you feel sick

I know a lot of fat and obese JWs - some even with diabetes for being so fat - these people should definitively get DF'd. it is call GLUTONY !!!! I dislike fat JWs that come to my door, I make a point of leeting know know about SELF CONTROL ...

@Extreme physical uncleanness ----WHAT? These would be JESUS' perfect friends!!!!

• Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator

Attempting suicide? So they see separating a person from their family and "friends" is so much more helpful? I was lucky that my bible teacher, instead of judging, supported me and was there for me instead. He suggested that I go to the elder and he was pretty much an asshole about it. He just said to "stop looking back" and that it was as if I lost $5 in the past but now that I have gained so much more, it was like I was still complaining about the $5 that doesn't matter. That was my last chance to see if the organization had any chance of keeping me. I had my answer and after that meeting with that elder, I never looked back.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Does anyone know of people who was disfellowshipped for reasons that are not included in the list?

Or just plain weird reasons?

I knew someone who was disfellowshipped for running a business that involved arranging Halloween parties or something stupid like that. Although I may not know the proper story as they don't announce the actual reason and you have to reply on gossip.

Plus someone else who was disfellowshipped for practising Feng Shui, as far as we can gather, again relying on hearsay.

• mouthy
    mouthy

well what about being df because I didnt see Jesus come invisably in 1914

Is that in the list?

• biometrics
    biometrics

It's a bit disturbing that "Associating with disfellowshipped nonrelatives" is higher up the list than "Child sexual abuse". I'm assuming the list is in some sort of order. Having murder first, then, adultry, fornication ... etc.

• biometrics
    biometrics
    Fondling the breasts of someone you are not married to on numerous occasions

So it's OK a few times? Just don't make a habit of it.

• biometrics
    biometrics
    Continuing in employment under a promoter of false worship for more than six months

What about 5 months, three weeks?

• caliber
    caliber
    Continuing in employment under a promoter of false worship for more than six months

What about 5 months, three weeks?

I think the time thing given is to allow time to find other employment much like being given 6 months to quite smoking.

Back in the day when the Society imposed a smoking ban and gave all smokers six months to quit or be disfellowshipped

Just as this one....

Fondling the breasts of someone you are not married to on numerous occasions

intent would not be in doubt if numerous events occured

These would involve showing "mercy" and giving a person the benefit of the doubt right ?

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

Just confirming - is everything on that list really in the elder's manual?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit