"You don't get a second chance to make a first impression" AAWA

by yesidid 22 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ClassickConcept
    ClassickConcept

I like the name because it gets right to the point. While it may make fading ones cringe I think it will reach the common person and will be more preventative in the long run.

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

I have not read about the "name controversy" that is going on about AAWA, just noticed that this subject has come up again and again in different posts.

People, relax. There is a whole universe of possibilities out there. This is what the WT thaught us: black-and-white thinking.

There is JW.net, there is jwfacts, there is AAWA, there is........... a whole gamut of different ways to do the same thing. It's like restaurants, you will find 10 different Italian restaurants in town and I bet the Lasagne tastes slightly different if you try them all.

Let's be thankful that nowadays people have this diverse universe of possibilities to get information about this cult. Hey even Rick Fearon (is that how you spell his name?) has his place in this "universe". Everybody has different tastes and if it doesn't appeal to you: good one, move on.

AAWA is not the "ULTIMATE AND LAST ex-JW ORGANISATION". It's just one more arrow shooting into the air. It's like the Spartacus movement: gauls & barbarians & greeks all fighting in diverse ways for the same common cause.

Personally, I never read ONE single argument from apostate websites, never even went to the "evil www" to check things out. 10 years of Bet-HELL service where enough for me to leave cold turkey. Had seen. heard enough and came to my own conclusions.

• sir82
    sir82

Geez, seriously? People still have their panties in a wad over the organization's name?

Here's an idea: There is no government-mandated limit to the number of anti-WT organizations that can exist at one time. Why don't you start your own with a more user-friendly name?

• steve2
    steve2

Well said Sir82!

• headisspinning
    headisspinning

We had this exact same issue over a Facebook page that was created with the best of intentions. People were ranting and raving and fuming and creating a HUGE issue over one word in the title. Finally, it was decided to create an entirely new group just to appease those individuals.

Do you know what happened?

Not ONE single person who went ballistic over the name has partcipated ONCE since they got their way. What does that tell you? To me, it speaks volumes.

It is very easy to criticize the efforts and decisions other people make. If you don't like it, you don't have to participate. And remember, nothing is stopping you from SHOWING everyone else why your way is the best.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Headisspinning

• yesidid
    yesidid

Thank you for your comments, one and all.

• I quit!
    I quit!

The name is direct and to the point. Sometimes it is good to be subtle sometimes you have to get right to the point. I think in this case a lot of people are saying enough is enough and are trying to do something to put an end to all the damage the Watchtower does to peoples lives. I don't see a problem with that.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Let's suggest better names. Hmmm.....How about "Association of Watchtower Apologists (not)" or "Association of Watchtower Tweakers" or "Association with Obfuscated Motives vis a vis the Watchtower Society" or "We Mean the Watchtower No Harm, Sort Of."

Seriously, the WTS is such a snake in the grass, why would those of us who are awake want to imitate them and disguise our true objectives?

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Just wanted to let you know that the reason I am pushing the point is because I think the concept is great

No...I don't think you understand the concept. As far as I've seen the MAIN goal is to tackle the WT itself, not individual JWs. There are plenty of individual groups that can help individual JWs. This group is a force to change policy at the top. Not necessarily attract individual JWs. So no, I don't think you understand the concept from the get go.

The name is appropriate, because it states the purpose. It is "Anti Watchtower Activists" not "Anti Jehovah's Witness Activists".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit