Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 04-07-2013 WT Study (HERITAGE)

by blondie 21 Replies latest jw friends

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    5 That privilege became part of our spiritual legacy at our convention in Columbus, Ohio, U.S.A., in 1931. The letters “JW” appeared on the printed program. One sister said: “Speculations were made as to what JW stood for—Just Wait, Just Watch, and the correct one.”

The person sitting next to me at the meeting nudged me and pointed with their pen at "...Just Wait..." and whispered "Maybe they should switch it to 'Just Wait'; it's what they keep telling us to do at every assembly and convention." We both had a good snicker over that one.

• therevealer
    therevealer

@ ÁrbolesdeArabia - Oops. All that time and effort and no bites.

• doneandout
    doneandout

I love #12 "Jehovah God has seen to it that his name is preserved in his Word", yet it then says "the restoration of the divine name to its rightful place" meaning it wasn't preserved... and also "commonly accepted English form ‘Jehovah’" if its commonly accepted, doesn't that also mean that the original form is lost?

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Thank you Blondie...

Just Lois

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

"The Revealer" are you sad for me or you trying to bait? I never expected her to comment on what I wrote, when a person has been through as much pain and suffering, lying and betrayl as Blondie has, it's hard to have a unbiased opinion of the Society. I truly hate what bad things I suffered at the hand's of righteous JW elders as a child. I suffered the pain of hearing "Wait on Jehovah" by asshole elders who hid the facts my Uncle Chester and Aunt Cruella were tagteam predators and nobody in my family could believe they were capable of abusing molesting me. It was two Jehovah Witnesses vs One, things had to play out their part until others came forward. I do not blame the New Testament scribes and scholars for the wickedness my trusted family inflicted on me. Their actions are judged as worthy for Hell or Ghenna in them, so what was your question "The Revealer"?

• Comatose
    Comatose

Nimrod and his army of hundreds were going to build something grander than the pyramids??? No.

simultaneously people were building in China and Egypt. Nimrod didn't exist or at least not as that account states.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

This has probably been mentioned before, but the FIRST place in Watchtower literature to use the name 'Jehovah's Witness' with capital J and W was a reference to the Great Pyramid in the Studies in the Scriptures. As was (and is still common), the Society thinks it has to have an application to every scripture, and when the Great Pyramid doctrine was dumped, the question was, 'then what does the 'stone witness' prophecy refer to? Bingo, Rutherford came up with the name Jehovah's Witnesses

• therevealer
    therevealer

@ÁrbolesdeArabia - I should probably just cut my losses and apologize since I feel I misspoke. You just seemed to go on to an over aggressive degree and I spoke to that.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I love the way they mix and match the Scriptural examples along with the J W's assuming the title of " J W's" in 1931 as if they were of equal importance...To them, I suppose they are but that is only because they believe themselves to be the only true inheritors of Christianity . ANd is the NWT the only Bible around?

Pride is a sin, The Bible says...

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

Thanks..Blondie.

SW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit