'1600 years of Ice melting in 25 years is a bad omen'

by designs 165 Replies latest social current

• mP
    mP

QC:

Ice always melts. About 30 years ago, the same things were happening but nobody called it global warming or climate change. Nobody even cared.

• mP
    mP

Bere:

I would ask you two questions. Why is it that over 90% of climate scientists agree that man made climate change is an issue, and how/where were you directed to that Wiki article?

mP:

Look at the evidence yourself, dont follow blindly. Just look at some of the same official charts for yourself and answer the paradox.

Bere:

The article you reference specifically points out that before 1850 information is necessarily "reconstructed". After 1850..............

mP: I think its reasonably safe to say that the graphs however they are plotted are accurate enough to be for our discussion.

Actually this is confirmed by history, just look at the story of the original settlers of Greenland who came when it was warmer and disappeared when it got colder.
  • tootired2care
    tootired2care

I've always found it quite curious that they changed it from "global warming" to "climate change". I think we have bigger problems as a species like getting a colony setup on another planet before organic life is wiped of this planet by some rouge meteorite as it has been in the past.

• QC
    QC

The ice is a big issue right now, video confirms it. All over the planet.

Now you know.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Rouge:

Rouge

Rogue:

Rogue

Rogue Asteroid:

Rogue Asteroid

• mP
    mP

QC

The ice is a big issue right now, video confirms it. All over the planet.

Now you know.

MP:

Your video only shows ice melting, it doesnt not confirm that it was not melting 100 or 200 years ago. Your are making way too many assumptions. TO make a judged statement one need to know how things were in the past both recently and further back in time.

THis is the how did the universe get here, oh you cant explain it, well it was Jehovah. Ask a muslim they will of course say this is proof of Allah. Such a solid proof.

• Satanus
    Satanus

As long as my supply of ice cream isn't threatened. Ben and gerry's - mmmm.

S

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

In the video they make the point that they have evidence that 125,000 years ago there was a major meltdown that melted past most of Greenland. They then go on to say that we are close to that same event, and that the only explanation for it is the burning of fossile fuels. So if it happened 125,000 years ago, and no fossile fuels were being burned, what is the explanation for then?

Really, are we so arrogant that we think we can actually control earths cycles of change that have been happening for millions of years?

P.S.

I see what you did there jgnat, very funny.

• mP
    mP

@tooth:

Your comment is exactly part of my own pov. Somebody somewhere makes an outrageous statement and shows some melting ice and assumes that they have the answer. Doesnt sound very scientific.

• designs
    designs

How we concentrate large populations in relatively small areas has a direct impact on the environment and we can mitigate some of the consequences.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit