'1600 years of Ice melting in 25 years is a bad omen'

by designs 165 Replies latest social current

• designs
    designs

Is our industrialized pollution changing the weather. When the air pollution in Bejing surpasses 700 micrograms per cubic meter and the safe level is 25 micrograms per cubic meter does it affect rain, snow, trees and other plant life. Is the water shed altered. Does the median temperature show sustained alterations.

Locally in the 4 country region of southern California there are sustained and visible alterations to our environment from industrial pollutants.

• mP
    mP

Designs:

Before you "believe" what proofs have you got that the temperature has changed and that CO is the cause ? This is Jehovah and the Bible all over again, people accepting statements without actually checking the facts.

Are there local changes in your environment perhaps, but we arent asking about local cahnges, global warming is about global changes to temperature. Many has been changing his local environment for thousands of years. Thats why we build buildings, to give us shade, keep us warm, dry and so on.

• designs
    designs

mp- I did not say I believed the conclusions of the scientists working in the Andes, I was posting about their findings and the conclusions they believe in. Personally I am more concerned with pollution from our industrialization and the waste from our industrialization. My theory is that as we address pollution we may slow offshoots of pollution such as warmer basins, water sheds becoming dryer or shifts in seasons. These pollution factors have been in visible effect in the So. Cal. area where I was born and still live. A fairly dense forest that stretched from Glendale to East of San Bernardino in our local mountains is gone on the south facing slopes, gone in 60 years. Our aquifers have pollutants in them, our land-fills are over capacity and give off methane gasses. The fog belts that use to stretch from Santa Monica Bay East to Riverside no longer appear, or rarely in that same 60 year period. 22+million people along with industrialization has had a major impact on this environment.

If the glaciers and snow pack in the Andes are showing a major shift in 3 decades we at least need to study why and address solutions.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

Planet earth is a very violent place. We can’t change that. But we can learn to better manage our lives given our very violent environment.

Outer space is even harder.

Marvin Shilmer

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“When the air pollution in Bejing surpasses 700 micrograms per cubic meter and the safe level is 25 micrograms per cubic meter does it affect rain, snow, trees and other plant life.”

Designs,

I recommend you ask China to stop its horrendous pollution. Very nicely of course.

Marvin Shilmer

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Yes global warming is here, thats why there have been record freezing winters not once but a few winters in the northern hemisphere for a few years now. My theory is global warming is the new con on the masses, in the old days they convinced you in other ways like religion or god says this. Naturally playing to the masses scientific mind is a winner because everyone knows science right and has seen and verified the facts, just like the bible.

cccThe term "global warming" is not being used as much in the scientific community because climate change does not make all areas warmer. While overall the temperature is rising, specific areas can be, at least temporarily, colder. In addition, raising carbon dioxide levels also impact currents and weather, it is not just temperatures being impacted. While you can argue that climate change is not happening or is not a problem, the fact that temperatures in one area are colder proves nothing.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Global warming ... bring it on! I would like warmer temperatures where I live, if in another two hundred years the earth wants to wipe out 75% of the population and start the cycle over again, oh well, at least the weather will be warmer for me in my lifetime. :)

• free2beme
    free2beme

Yeah, it tells me my beer is going to get cold in the future.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Colder beer is a good thing ... these doomsdayers really have to look for the positive

• designs
    designs

Visionary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit