Local needs talk

by hoser 36 Replies latest social humour

• hoser
    hoser

One of the elders was missing his service bag and suspected that one of the publishers stole it. He was determined to root out who did it so he decided to give a local needs part on the ten commandments focusing on you must not steal.

He enlisted the help of a trusted ministerial servant and got him to stand at the back of the kingdom hall during the part. He told the ms that he would read off the ten commandments and when he got to the one "you must not steal" he would pause longer than usual and see if anyone acted nervous or suspicious. The elder would observe from the stage, and the ministerial servant would watch the congregation from behind.

So the elder got up on the stage and says"brothers open your bible to exodus 20" and he proceeded to read the ten commandments but he failed to pause after the one about not stealing.

After the meeting the ministerial servant asks "why didn't you pause after the commandment about not stealing?"

"Well" said the elder " When I got to verse 14 about not commiting adultery, I remembered where I left my service bag!"

• Theocratic Sedition
  • alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective

You really got me. LOL!

Alec

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
  • LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Thanks Hoser. That was a good one! lol

Just Lois

• dazed but not confused
  • unstopableravens