Any JWs You Know Practically Salivating Over this North Korea Situation???

by LostGeneration 29 Replies latest jw friends

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Just had a sick conversation with my JW father when picking up by kid.

Dad: So things looking really bad in N Korea huh?

Me: Not really, I'm sure they just want more food/aid. They rattle the cage every few years and everyone seems to just appease them.

Dad: Yeah, but this new guy, I mean he is just sounds plain crazy. I mean this could really be "it".

Me : It? (raising eyebrows at him like I don't know, while knowing all the while he's about to go down Armageddon bullshit road)

Dad : (excitedly) Yeah, the start of the tribulation! (with the not so subtle hint of "return to Jah now" in his voice as well).

Me : Well, if I had a dollar for everytime I heard something like that from witnesses. Anyway, I thought that false religion was going to be the first thing to go...

He tried to engage and explain how "we don't know exactly how this is going to work itself out". I bullshitted my way outta there real quick with the excuse I had an appointment. I would've lost my cool with him and just didn't want to go there today.

He's always fancied himself as some keen observer of world events and how they tie into JW endtimes theology. Just sick how JWs salivate at the thought of millions dying...

• cantleave
    cantleave

In 18 months time remind him of that conversation!

• Iamallcool
  • cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

I remember doing this all the time back in the day.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I did it one time or too many times too.

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

At least he didn't say "could they be the new King of the North?" It really was ridiculous how some JWs would speculate about that nonsense.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Yup. I was always watching the world news very closely hoping some major event would kick off the big A. I just started my senior year in HS when 9/11 happened. I was sure in the coming months it was near. Sick, really, now looking back on it - in a way being excited when hundreds or thousands dieing.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

Yesterday evening a close family member came to visit. She’s been a JW all her life. Ordinarily she’s pretty comfortable in her own skin. But last evening was different. She practically ran by me at the door, sat the nearest chair and said she needed to talk.

Turned out she’s very worried about events on the Korean peninsula. In tears she said, “I’m not ready for the end. I’m not ready.”

This was the fifth experience I’ve had in the last week with JWs and North Korea’s blabber. Each was similar in that ideas were conveyed that this might be “it”. The sensation was real.

Is there something going on that’s causing this? Is there some gossip going around? Is it the standard fare JW paranoia? Has Kool-Aid been passed out? This seems a bit more than business as usual to me.

It so sad to see what Watchtower has done to people.

Marvin Shilmer

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

The Watchtower has people so well conditioned they see every serious world event as a possible precursor to Armageddon, so they then become frightened and run back to the Kingdom Hall. It's as reliable as Pavlov's dogs salivating when he rang the bell. I remember surges in attendance after every earthquake.

• zeb
    zeb

This reminds me of an elder who would discuss at length "what they are going to do to us". and he would go on about the torture methods used around the world. He trusted in Jehovah so much that when his health collapsed (!) he picked up a state pension and the handouts for his many kids and he had no retirement funds/plan because "he trusted in Jehovah".

He then running short of money took on selling some health product range calling himself a 'Director' no doubt using his dtd training to sell these products. But away from that it was 'any minute now' and in that the millions to be incinerated. Im in Australia and have the utmost feeling for the Korean people north and south caught up in this. And there will be among the hardcore jw those whom will see some glory in the immenence of war -my stomache turns.

Would Lost generation father like to comment on the fate of Japanese brothers sisters or the secret ones in China, also Tiawan the Phillipines if the atom bombs go off or will Jehovah protect them from the radiation. He should because the wts wont move to protect as it left the b&s to their fate in Nazi occupied lands when it could have got them out via neutral countries especially in the time before the U.S. entered WW2.

Peace love to you all I wish we could all meet some day.

Zeb

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit