Any JWs You Know Practically Salivating Over this North Korea Situation???

by LostGeneration 29 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Jesus said it would be at a time you think not...jws always forget that scripture.

(Matthew 24:44) . . .On this account YOU too prove yourselves ready, because at an hour that YOU do not think to be it, the Son of man is coming.

*** w03 1/1 pp. 17-18 par. 2 “Keep on the Watch”! ***

To show how vital it is to stay awake, Jesus used the illustration of a thief. He described the events that would lead up to his coming as Judge, and then he warned: “Keep on the watch, therefore, because you do not know on what day your Lord is coming. But know one thing, that if the householder had known in what watch the thief was coming, he would have kept awake and not allowed his house to be broken into. On this account you too prove yourselves ready, because at an hour that you do not think to be it, the Son of man is coming.” (Matthew 24:42-44) A thief does not announce in advance when he is coming. He hopes to arrive when no one is expecting him. Similarly, as Jesus said, the end of this system will come at ‘an hour that we do not think to be it.’

*** g95 6/22 pp. 5-6 Why Many Believe the World Will End ***

Just three days before his death, Jesus had spoken similarly: “Keep on the watch, therefore, because you do not know on what day your Lord is coming.” He added: “Concerning that day or the hour nobody knows, neither the angels in heaven nor the Son, but the Father. Keep looking, keep awake, for you do not know when the appointed time is.” (Matthew 24:42, 44; Mark 13:32, 33) A few months earlier, Jesus had also encouraged: “Keep ready, because at an hour that you do not think likely the Son of man is coming.”—Luke 12:40.

Despite such cautions provided by Jesus, early Christians, eager for Christ’s presence and the blessings it would bring, began speculating about when Kingdom promises would be fulfilled. Thus, the apostle Paul wrote the Thessalonians: “Respecting the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we request of you not to be quickly shaken from your reason nor to be excited either through an inspired expression or through a verbal message or through a letter as though from us, to the effect that the day of Jehovah is here.”—2 Thessalonians 2:1, 2.

Paul’s words indicate that some early Christians had developed erroneous expectations. Although the Christians in Thessalonica may not have predicted a particular date for their ‘being gathered to Christ in heaven,’ they clearly thought that event was at hand. They needed to have their views corrected, and Paul’s letter did this.

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

They really must have went wacky over the cuban missile crisis .

• *lost*
    *lost*

BLONDIE .......... spot on. ........... brilliant.

They have just not got a clue how to fire up their brains and take part in healthy debate. They are brain 'dead' in that their brains are ........ lazy and ........ under-developed/under-nourished. Lack of information, knowledge, learning, topics, hobbies, interests etc.

Not that I want to sound insulting (sincerely apologise if I do) but it does seem to be the facts.

REFORMATION .......... demanding the truth and change ........ how else to do they they got the Bible and are allowed to read it. Their predecessor's fought for these very things we call, justice, truth and rights to have access to these things .... BASIC HUMAN RIGHTS. Blood was spilled by good people who demanded these changes to a corrupt system full of corrupt people ............. DOING THESE THINGS IN THE NAME OF GOD and hiding behind the facade of Religion. HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF.

Breaking down barriers is what is happening in the world today..... co-existing in peace and harmony, everyones basic desire, happiness and peace and security. TWO ORGANISTATIONS that I can think of that cause all of the problems in today's world are, first and foremost .... RELIGION (false, they all are cos none of them are truthful and honest, they are generally very selfish selfcentred people who are very good at hiding behind a false pretence, whilst pretending to be something otherwise. .... then doing their dirty in the places they hang out together in the darkness of their shady dens ...behind closed doors.. in private groups ..... secretive...... SECOND.. because I think it goes hand in hand with religion is .... CRIME /CORRUPTION/WICKEDNESS ..

...( works of the flesh ? )

Oh and politics ........... ( 3 ORGANISTATIONS ) The Watchman, trained gaurd dog, protector, controller........... of the peasants, the slaves.

SAME SYSTEM .... DIFFERENT CENTURY AND ERA ...... same agenda's. same pattern. less violence, more 'smarts' (trickery, deceit, cunning, lying)

Barriers are getting broken-down, little by little. Every year there is a little bit more progress. Society's are changing. they care less about the people at the top and money, they care more for truth and justice for everyone. Equality. They are rising up and saying they have had enough and are demanding change or they are going to start getting naughty and disobeying.... when you lose respect for something ... it loses value, you care less, if at all.

that's my rant. sorry (lol)

• blondie
    blondie

Actually I saw more jws wacky about 9-11, including the WTS in Brooklyn. At first jws went back but a couple of years later starting drifting away. jws find any disaster: Mount Saint Helen's blastoff, the tsunami in Indonesia, hurricanes (pick one), tornados in 1974 across the midwest, the earthquake down the Alaska and the rest of the west coast, the earthquake in Haiti,

I call them Chicken LIttle jws.

• TD
    TD
    They really must have went wacky over the cuban missile crisis.

Yes they did. It was something to behold.

To be fair though, pretty much everybody was worried over that one.

• flipper
    flipper

LOST GENERATION- Yeah, your JW dad sounds like my older JW dad. Since he's been in the " false " for about 60 years he fancies himself as the second coming of Fred Franz as well when it comes to predicting Bible chronology. Whenever something happens in the news he tells my wife and I " you know what THAT means ! " Usually I say " well , people in the 19th century and before massacred thousands of people as well in the civil war, Americans slaughtering Native Americans, etc. " - and that usually makes him pipe down about these being the " end times " or " last days ". Works pretty well

• flipper
    flipper

BLONDIE- So since Jesus said the alleged " end times " would come at a time his followers wouldn't " expect it " - and since they've ALWAYS been expecting it , and they still expect it every day of their life - I guess that means it's never gonna come, right ? An unreality. Ain't gonna happen. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• blondie
    blondie

flipper, if they act as Abraham was said to have done, not expecting it in his lifetime. jws disobey their own beliefs constantly.

*** w11 9/15 p. 26 par. 7 Are You Known by Jehovah? ***

It is noteworthy that Abraham did not during his lifetime receive the inheritance of the land promised to him. He also did not see his seed become “like the grains of sand that are on the seashore.” (Gen. 22:17, 18) Though these promises went unfulfilled during Abraham’s lifetime, he maintained strong faith in Jehovah. He knew that if God gave his word, it was as good as done. Yes, Abraham lived his life in harmony with that faith. (Read Hebrews 11:13.)

*** w01 8/15 p. 28 par. 12 Do Not Give Up in Doing What Is Fine ***

Once again, consider Abraham’s example. He built his whole life on faith in God’s promises, even though there was no chance that they would all be fulfilled within his lifetime. True, he lived long enough to see his son Isaac grow up. But it would be centuries before Abraham’s offspring could be compared to “the stars of the heavens” or “the grains of sand that are on the seashore.” (Genesis 22:17) Abraham did not become embittered or discouraged, however. The apostle Paul thus said of Abraham and other patriarchs: “In faith all these died, although they did not get the fulfillment of the promises, but they saw them afar off and welcomed them and publicly declared that they were strangers and temporary residents in the land.”—Hebrews 11:13.

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

Do you guys think Trump is gonna succede at the summit tomorrow with Kim Jong-un a.k.a. 'little rocket man' ? I think he has a good chance.

• flipper
    flipper

I seriously doubt that the North Korean leader will give up his nukes. And, allegedly that's what Trump has stated publicly that will determine if the summit is " successful " or not. So I'm not too hopeful that any success is going to come out of this meeting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit