A personal message to you lurking Jehovah's Witnesses out there

by Terry 44 Replies latest social entertainment

• Terry
    Terry

While you were sitting in that uncomfortable folding chair the other night...

listening to something you've heard already a thousand times before...

do you know what was happening at the same time?

Somebody somewhere else was studying a real textbook.

Somebody was cramming for a college exam. Somebody was earning a degree to get a career.

That somebody will be able to support their family, save money and give to charity and provide a better life to their kids.

How? They weren't wasting their time, that's how.

You know what was happening last weekend when you were out knocking doors and handing out Watchtower and Awake magazines?

Somebody else was out there visiting sick people in a hospital.

Somebody was taking meals to the elderly.

Somebody was volunteering as a Big Brother to help a young boy become a man.

Real help in real life that actually did somebody some good was going on exactly at the same time you were annoying people in a local neighborhood.

You know those Christmases and Easters you didn't spend celebrating with your kids?

You know, the ones where music, lights and laughter is being enjoyed by "worldly" pagans?

Yeah, well, listen while I tell you something.

When those worldly people's kids grow up they'll have beautiful warm memories of a loving childhood and they will continue those traditions eagerly with their on children.

Those people will have generations of solidarity and contentment that means something profoundly comforting.

But, you and your kids? Nah--not so much!

It will be a dark empty feeling because you bet everything on the End of the World that didn't happen! What will you have to show for it? Why, exactly what you put into it----nothing.

You see, there are people you look down on and would rather turn your back on who know the secret of life isn't inside a Kingdom hall.

There are people who know that hard work bettering themselves is a better investment than parroting a cartoon theology.

And do you know why that is?

Because one day you will be older....much older....older than you are willing to face. And you will gradually come to realize something--not because you are brave and courageous about facing awful truth, either.

You will have to face the fact you are going to have nobody around you who will care about you or care for you because of three terrible mistakes.

1.You wasted your time with losers who gave you very bad advice and misled you as to what life is really all about: family, real friends and a practical purpose.

2.You traded away all your opportunities to create a happy family life. You traded for a lousy alternative: you enforced rules, you clamped down trying to please elders and leaders who didn't give a crap about your quality of life. You sold your soul for cold comfort.

Sniff that? You know what that smell is? It is the rotting stench of your marriage and your kid's respect.

3.You will grow older and older. You will have little or no savings for when you get ill and can't fend for yourself. All those so-called brothers and sisters at the Kingdom Hall will be busy "serving jehovah" to have any time to drop by and offer you a meal or a kind word. YOU WILL BE ALL ALONE with what you earned as a faithful servant of Jehovah. Add all that up. If it looks like a zero that is because it is. Exactly nothing.

While you still have a life...

While you still have a family..

While you still have time to make something out of the 24 hours in your day...

DON'T WASTE A SECOND that won't bring you anything but depression and loneliness!

Stop inventing in a certain loss and disappointment.

That bus marked "Paradise" won't stop to pick you up because Armageddon is a mirage....an illusion and worst of all, a TIME WASTING LIE.

Oh--you don't believe me?

Why? Oh--because I'm an Apostate?

Well, listen to this. A so-called Apostate is just an unsatisfied customer who use to eat what you eat. I got food-poisoning from the "faithful and discreet slave." It took me years and years of my precious life to recover from that "food at the proper time."

If you want to end up like the old Bethel workers hanging by their fingernails with no means of support after a lifetime of dedication and hard work....well, go right ahead.

But--DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU!!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Good one

• Giordano
    Giordano

Lets talk about those Bethel brothers and sisters, don't know what they pay them these days but for decades is was $14 dollars a month. They worked 5 1/2 days or basicaly 44 hous per week, you know what that worked out to be per hour............ 13 cents. Put another way............. $168 a year.

Sure they had a bed and 3 meals a day but so do prisoners. Most left with no real skills and no real education. If the society needs educated help they have to find the people elseware or pay for someone to go to college.

These days many are being layed off with no social security, job skills etc.

In an aging community JW's have no assisted living or nursing homes run by their fellow JW's to move into because the Society invested it's money in Brooklyn real estate which they are now selling off.

It's a publishing company founded in the 19 century and still thinks like it's the 19 century.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Even Gradgrind in Charles Dicken's novel Hard Times softened in the end, the WT masters never will, they wish to squeeze as much out of each poor JW as they can, and then cast them off.

Wake up ! Its your damn life, take it back !

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Terry:

Another good post that tells it like it is!

I am a twelve-year "fader" who is sorry I didn't do it a decade earlier when I had nagging doubts. Thankfully, I never quit my full-time job and woke up and got the hell out of that religion. So, I didn't waste more time around phonies who aren't looking out for me.

I can also relate to how valuable our memories are of being with loved ones (whether it was holidays or just a weekend). The religion tried to separate us from loved ones outside the religion and I can never forgive this. But, I was able to mend fences with these relatives before it was too late for me.

Hopefully, anybody lurking will see. Remember, hindsight is 20/20 and you can never get time back. Please learn from our experience!

• Terry
    Terry

Welcome to the Watchtower Museum!

Over there on the left in that glass case is a buttload of books and magazines.

Those were carried door to door by old ladies, pregnant women, working men exhausted after a day of hard labor and--you know what?

They did it FAITHFULLY even though we can't teach anything contained inside them...Not anymore....

You see, you won't understand this--but, you need to know it.

All the sacrifices those people made, those honest-hearted JW's, just to get those books and magazines into people's hands TURNED OUT TO BE FOR NOTHING!

We had to change the..uh-hem...TRUTH...and make adjustments. So, what filled those bookbags was just so much garbage. Old Light.

Did you hear what I just said?

People lived, toiled, sacrificed and--in some cases--died for a garbage bag full of yellowed paper and nothing more than that!

What's that? Yes, young lady? Tell us what is on your mind?

Jehovah will judge them for the intention to serve Him and not for the correctness of their teachings, you say?

Well, isn't that an interesting idea!

Why wouldn't you also say that of HONEST CHRISTIANS IN ANY RELIGION? Why won't their hearts be judged the same way?

But, I know why you wouldn't.

Your GB leaders make a big stink out of "false teaching" that OTHER religions teach. That's why.

And all this time what have they been publishing?

Stuff that doesn't have much of a shelf-life and can't be taught anymore because.....I guess....Jehovah can't get his act together or something.

That's why we have this here WATCHTOWER MUSEUM.

It's so you lurking Jehovah's Witnesses can see with your own lives what your brothers and sisters in the past gave up their youth and education and happiness for. A giant LANDFILL!

Jehovah's Witness Literature

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Marked to read later!!!!

• Twitch
    Twitch

well said sir

• Terry
    Terry

It is fairly recently that I came to the realization.

The ACTUAL CONTENT of the so-called Watchtower "literature" is garbage because THEY CAN'T TEACH IT any longer.

Imagine a comparison.

What if you discovered the Medical School you just graduated from has taught you methods and procedures that are no longer practiced

by the A.M.A.??

You know how to bleed people or use leeches but--those treatments are now considered barbaric! What do you do?

There is a tendency for the Watchtower Society to avoid admitting all that effort at "feeding sheep" was wasted and that the "food" wasn't digestible!

They want to DEFLECT from that argument!!

Instead, they'll talk about how "faithful" the brothers and sisters were in making that sacrifice going door to door.

Would you go to a doctor who wanted to bleed you or use leeches? Do you CARE how dedicated they were to studies?

The religion of Jehovah's Witnesses needs a label that reads:

CAUTION: the contents of these teachings has absolutely no practical benefit. It may cause drowsiness, loss of time, ignorance, hard-headed obstinancy and depression, anxiety or suicide. TAKE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

• zeb
    zeb

Terry, said with great feeling and conviction.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit