There is a Mole in Brooklyn

by Oubliette 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Reading Cedar's excellent article about the July 15, 2013 “New-Light" Study Edition of the Watchtower got me thinking:

The Control Freaks in Brooklyn known as the Governing Body (aka FDS) must be having conniption fits knowing that there is a mole in Bethel leaking information to apostates!

"Three weeks ahead of its expected release date in mid-April, a scanned copy of the July 15 2013 "Study Edition" of the Watchtower was leaked to the office of JWsurvey by a conscientious active Witness within the organization."

It will be interesting to watch how they respond to this obvious lack of control. I predict the usual dictator's response: A further crackdown with an increasing effort to tighten their grip of control and a resulting witch-hunt.

• Terry
    Terry

It is easy for me to suspect this is not an unwitting leak.

It may be a test of the integrity of the various departments as a conduit for security check reasons.

Whomever "leaked" it will self-identify by falling for it. imho.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

It would be interesting for Cedars to comment on this, particularly if he's had any feedback from his source since he published his article.

Cedars! Are you listening?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

There is a certain innate ability that you must have to be a double-agent. It's hard to describe. For intance a brother at a recent meeting was bragging to me that he knew the July magazine was going to be a doozy because he had inside information. I could have said, " yes, I know." I suspected a trap, so I acted oblivious.

Was it a trap? I don't know? I went with my gut instincts and acted accordingly. Hopefully the Bethel Mole doesn't take any bait. Personally I wonder if the GB is crafty enough to even try setting a trap. If they really believe that God is backing them, why bother? It's all crazy.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Well the Governing Body suffer collectively from Narcissistic Personality Disorder, and their feelings of insecurity have a major effect on them, I would even expect paranioa.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

Fanatic narcissistIncluding paranoid featuresAn individual whose self-esteem was severely arrested during childhood, who usually displays major paranoid tendencies, and who holds on to an illusion of omnipotence. These people are fighting delusions of insignificance and lost value, and trying to re-establish their self-esteem through grandiose fantasies and self-reinforcement. When unable to gain recognition or support from others, they take on the role of a heroic or worshipped person with a grandiose mission.
  • blindnomore
    blindnomore

The Watchtower articles are avaible months eariler to the Circuit Overseers. There's no way the Watchtower can track the Mole down. It could have been leaked from any COs or sub-COs or Watchtower heavies or their trusted friends and family members. Being a most hard core JW, in the past even though I was female, I was shared the Wt articles months prior to their releasing to the public.

When I was being Wicth Hunted by the Watchtower elders, I found myself being assisted and counseled by the unknown Bethelite. He was helping me through the third person. One of the things I was told was to threaten to sue the elders and the Watchtower if all other tactics fall apart. It was an unthinkable action at the time as I was still a believer that I did not follow through the counsels. Looking back, the Mole was right on the money. As far as I know he and his wife are still in the Watchtower Headquater. To this day I have no idea of the identity of the Bethelite.

I am not surprised the possibility of some seriouse dissenters especially among older bethelites who remaining in the cult not having any other options but rely on the Watchtower for Shelter and food. My heart goes out to them.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I don't think the GB is sophisticated enough to set a "trap" and find out who the "mole" is. Their arrogance is way to high to allow them to consider that someone in Bethel is a mole.

Information will continue to burp out on occasion. All they can do is write another article on loyalty.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

As I remember...we gat the news about the overlapping generations and the 30 hour for aux.pioneers about a year before it was released publically. I do think there are moles at Bethel.

• cantleave
    cantleave

You are assuming it came from Brooklyn.......

• Londo111
    Londo111

Mole problems? Suddenly, I'm thinking of an episode of Arrested Development.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit