Bethel Laying Off

by Bob_NC 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Can anyone comment on whether Bethel is laying people off? As in, sending folks out of Bethel to go pioneer somewhere? I have heard rumors but would like more detail. Anyone?

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Issue of Bethel laying off some folks isn't new at all. It's been posted here quite a few times

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

For the record, they didn't get layed off. They were simply reassigned and are currently providing spiritual assistance to the congregations were they were assigned to.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Are they expected to find regular employment at their reassignment?

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Oh, I do know that a layoff is given the most positive spin. The Bethel elder will tell those being "laid off", "Armageddon is close brothers, VERY close. The GB has seen fit to send as many brothers as possible out the field to assist the congregations with the final ingathering of those righteously disposed."

Still, if you are not resigning from Bethel, you are being laid off.

• InChristAlone
    InChristAlone

Bob_NC, do you think there is any correlation between this rumor and what you are seeing on allexperts?

• LV101
    LV101

Do they receive any compensation as special pioneers or something when they are "reassigned" to the congregations? I'm assuming they do not.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

When you get laied off you qualify for unemployment compensation, these folks get NOTHING. But at least they have the holy spirit.

• Glander
    Glander

With Bethel providing meals, clothing and shelter in return for full time factory work I would imagine a "re-assignment" as a pioneer in Podunk, Kansas is as good as being fired.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

"When you get laied off you qualify for unemployment compensation, these folks get NOTHING. But at least they have the holy spirit."

Correct, and they will have to work for 5 to 6 quarters to qualify for unemployment. They also did not have the WTBTS paying social security in, because they signed a vow of poverty. So better get busy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit