Why I Stayed Married to my "Apostate" Husband for 30 Years. Help for those whose marriages are in trouble now that you have left The Lie.

by rubadubdub 35 Replies latest jw friends

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

When I first started reading experiences on JWN I was shocked at how many people said their spouse left them because they became apostate. It goes directly against what the religion teaches. I guess I was stupid for staying with my disfellowshipped husband, I thought I had no choice, now I find out all I had to do was claim spiritual endangerment. It wouldnt even have been a lie, since staying with him drove me away from the religion.

• SkyGreen
    SkyGreen

thankyou rubadubdub for sharing this - even on a private/ annonymous forum, it can be hard to open yourself up. xx

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Thanks Rubadub. An amazing story.

Good advice. Getting out of town on weekends- having FUN away from the Borg. Family fun AWAY clears the head.

Moshe; I remember a spat of divorces based on the Original "Spiritual endangerment" teaching in the first edition of the Family book. One or two per hall in the late 80s.

A load of #!#!##!

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Thanks Rubadub. An amazing story.

Good advice. Getting out of town on weekends- having FUN away from the Borg. Family fun AWAY clears the head.

Moshe; I remember a spat of divorces based on the Original "Spiritual endangerment" teaching in the first edition of the Family book. One or two per hall in the late 80s.

A load of #!#!##!

• SkyGreen
    SkyGreen

JGNAT, i wish you lived near me or vice versa. Have read so many of your posts and I think you're a really great person, and your presence here is invaluable. ((HUGS))

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

I remember a part on the local circuit gathering, a sister gave a part how her husband (the evil apostate) took her in handcuffs for a month against her will. A "deprogrammer" showed up with expert apostates from the Manhattan Beach, Ca to show her all the false writings and trick her.

Standing ovation as she cried on stage in front of all of us attending (she was a role model, faith incarnate battling the trickster Loki- evil apostates and her husband) she said she escaped after a month her husband kept her in prison, and she stayed with her husband afterward. Does this story sound familiar to anyone who attended a circuit show ten years ago, maybe longer?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit