Arrghhhh just Shoot me!!

by BU2B 20 Replies latest jw friends

• suavojr
    suavojr

no one said it will be easy, I have wasted my entire Saturday supposedly preaching. It is not easy to fade when you have so much to loose. The good thing is that you are young!

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Wish I'd woken up at 25.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

WMF - ME TOO!

• rebel8
    rebel8

Yes, I experienced (and wrote about) that phenomenon too.

Could you exercise your authority as her spiritual head to do a themed scripture reading about Jesus' compassion for the sick?

• sd-7
    sd-7

Well...better to get it all over with, the way I see it. It's going to be horrible either way, why prolong it any further? You need to get out of there.

But...far be it from me of all people to recommend that. I was a schemer, I had plans...and look where that got me...

That said, I hope you'll find a bit more peace, though I don't see how as long as you're even remotely having to attend meetings. I can count my meeting/convention attendance on one hand over the course of the last year or so, but even that has been horrible and too much to bear. Trying to fade...I have to say, you must be pretty tough to handle it for a long period of time.

I do like how JWs bring you into their conversations on the assumption that you're in agreement with them on it all. Your story reminds me of how my mom was telling me about how a DF'd person she knows was going around saying hi to people, as if to say, "The nerve of him!" I just have to say, "I can't imagine what that must be like. What an idiot, really!" Except I didn't, I just found it amusing at the time.

Well...I hope you'll be okay, bro. Take it one day at a time and...do things that bring you comfort and hopefully it'll get better in time. You'll feel considerably better once you're out, though. That's going to be the best long-term solution.

--sd-7

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

I'm in the same situation and I'm probably being talked about just the same way your wife is about that brother who fakes it withh ibs and long work weeks. This cult is slowly driving me mad but at least I can think for myself. The watchtower still has me through my family and believing wife but I won the fight for my mind. 2+2=4

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Say and do things under the guise of being a SuperDub that let your wife see you as hypocritical/lying to protect the bOrg & your faith in it/less than sane, but your insanity supported by the litterature, talks, arsemblys, etc.. Go in FS with her and confront a HH with your most obnoxious doctrine, like Jehovah will kill you and your babies if you don't join our church, and present them with a magazine/book that backs up the madness. (You should set up a Xtian or athiest HH first.)

Once she comes out as apostate, you're home free.

I didn't say it was easy.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Next time around marry a casual witness. 4 decades ago I sat down with my pioneer partner/wife and said "I know this is going to be a shock for you but I don't want to associate with the JW's any longer." There was a long pause then she smiled and said "I've never really believed it......now close your mouth."

• flipper
    flipper

BU2B- I know what you're going through and it's a really difficult situation. Do you and your wife have children living at home ? That can make a tough situation even tougher . Then one marriage mate starts using the kids against the other marriage mate who wants to fade or stop attending. I know my JW ex-wife pulled that number on me even AFTER we were divorced- turning the kids against me.

How is your relationship with your wife ? Does she care if you stop being a MS or that you get 5 hours a month in service ? Is she one of these JW women who want the status of having a husband who is a MS or elder ? Is THAT how she sees herself, or how she views you through position status ? These are questions you have to ask yourself and be honest with yourself in answering them. Do you want to put up with that for the long term in your marriage to this JW lady ? Is she an uber fanatic J-dub ? Or will she let you fade gradually without guilting the hell out of you ? Your answers my determine how long you want to continue with her in your lifetime.

From one who has " been here, done this " just asking these questions to help you ponder. Whatever you decide my friend, we'll be here for you. O.K. ? Good luck

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Start showing her some stuff from newspapers you come across "accidently"- google alerts. You can't un-ring a bell. Eventually something in the hall with mesh...and she will realized there is no "Holy Spirit" operating on or appointing the Elders. Get her thinking. Show her a good time on Sunday day trips- away from the hall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit