Arrghhhh just Shoot me!!

by BU2B 20 Replies latest jw friends

• BU2B
    BU2B

AArgh just shoot me, my wife just came home from field service bi&*&ing about her friends inactive/faded husband. The thing is he and his wife use the excuse that he is sick from irratable bowel syndrome. However he works 50+ hours a week. She said he needs to be told to get his butt back to the hall and how sad it is and how he needs a sheperding call. She said they offered and he declined due to health and a busy schedule. I said maybe he didnt want one! I said some people just stop going to the KH for many reasons and theres nothing anyone can do to force them back! I said maybe he isnt sick or depressed maybe he just dosent want to go! (really he is what i am aspiring to become and her reaction to this shows me its going to be a rough road)

This just drives home one of the signs of a cult THERE IS NO LEGITIMATE REASON A PERSON CAN LEAVE! ANYONE WHO LEAVES IS NOT SPIRITUAL, WEAK, OR WICKED. Everyone thinks this is a easy ticket to be worm/flower food after armageddon. God I hate this cult and what it does to people.

I am pulling my hair out because I have begun a slow fade myself, missing more meetings due to headache, hours down to 5 or less, trying to lose this MS status without setting off too many alarm bells and it is so frustrating to hear how much she complains about people that miss many meetings, Im thinking to myself ITS NONE OF YOUR BUISNESS anyways! Im getting to the point I would rather live under a bridge in Detroit than to live in a mansion and be aroud this cancerous cult!

I think its time for a cold beer or 5.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I feel your pain. It took a little over a year from when I left for my wife to tell me her true feelings for the WTBTS. She was waiting to see if it was a faze I was going through. You do have a tough road a head.

Good luck... Drinking helps

• dazed but not confused
  • Glander
    Glander

ahhh, the old slow fade with a devout mate! What a perfect way to be miserable. Not that I am not sympathetic, I am. But this topic is not one I can be too objective about. As discussed here many times, each person has to decide what to do when it dawns on them that the religion is a sinkhole in your life. You can throw everything into it you want, spouse, family, education, etc etc. But you will never fill it up.

Generally speaking, I say cut clean.

Avoiding it by having 5 beers is not a real strategy.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Maybe shes projecting her fears about your slowdown onto others doing similar and then using them as a mirror to show her feelings about it?

Ask her if it's possible for anyone to ever leave this religion with dignity, or are they always cast as haughty, weak or wicked? Maybe then show her the quote from Awake about the right to choose your own religion from a couple of years ago.

*** g 7/09 p. 29 Is It Wrong to Change Your Religion? ***

Although the Bible makes a clear distinction between true and false teachings, God allows each person the freedom to choose how he or she will respond. (Deuteronomy 30:19, 20) No one should be forced to worship in a way that he finds unacceptable or be made to choose between his beliefs and his family. Does study of the Bible lead to family breakup? No. In fact, the Bible encourages a husband and wife who practice different religions to remain together as a family.-1 Corinthians 7:12, 13.

• BU2B
    BU2B

I know drinking 5 beers wont help, and im not actually going too, im just frustrated and venting the only place I really can

• Sulla
    Sulla

Dude, if she is that angry about someone else's husband fading, she ain't gonna tolerate you fading. Y'all need to have a real discussion about this in a hurry, before she decides she has better prospects with her weak X-JW husband kicked to the curb.

I actually feel sorry for these chicks. So much of their social status is wrapped up in having husbands who don't do exactly this sort of thing. They get married with a certain implied deal, and then: BOOM! Goes all to shit.

• Glander
    Glander

BU2 - What is your background in the JW? Born in ? baptized at puberty? etc. If so, I think you have every right to leave with dignity as an adult who has "witnessed" X years of Watchtower double speak and failed doctrine.

I left in '82. Nothing they taught then is still the 'truth' today!

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

BU2B - You have a PM

• BU2B
    BU2B

I was born in and baptized at the Blue Cross Arena in rochester at age 12 in 2001. My mom was born in too and my dad came in in 1980/81 in his early 20s.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit