" You Jehovahs? Yeah? I knew cuz you're black. If you were white, you'd be Mormans! Ha! Have a good one!"

by Theocratic Sedition 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Just got back from field service. White guy driving a delivery truck waived at my partner and I, rolled down the window and yelled this. He meant no harm, just a jovial fellow working on a Saturday. Probably will laugh with his friends and family about this later. Funny thing was the rest of our group who were on a parallel street in the same territory, were mostly white. I gotta kick out of it thinking to myself, "oh the things people say when they see JW's in field service.

• minimus
    minimus

When I was a kid in the 60s, I remember a householder telling my grandmother she was surprised that she was placing the magazines because she thought "only black people were in the Black Watch".

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

The question I have, is what are you doing HERE ?

Straight from field service to hanging out with apostates ?

What ?

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

TS - Thats funny.

Villagegirl - there are many here "stuck in" for one reason or another. But i think you were joking?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

TS has been here for years in one form or another. Not everyone who hangs out here is out.

• Sulla
    Sulla

In high school, I told a guy I was a JW. He didn't believe me because "only old black ladies are Jehovah's Witnesses." It was quite the job convincing him otherwise.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Reminds of me of an old (and slightly racist) joke. I don't think the joke is in particularly good taste, but it seems to suit the spirit of the OP. Apologies in advance.

(Copied from the internet.)

A zebra went to heaven. When he saw St. Peter he asked him "You know, I have always wondered, am I a white horse with black stripes or a black horse with white stripes?" St. Peter said he would have to ask God that question since he's the one that made him.

So the zebra asked God, "God, am I a white horse with black stripes or a black horse with white stripes?"
    God answered, "You are what you are."

The zebra left and came upon St. Peter and told him,
    "Well I asked God if I was a white horse with black stripes or a black horse with white stripes..."
    "What was the answer," St. Peter asked.

"Well I still don't know. All He said was: 'You are what you are."'

"Well that answers it," Said St. Peter. "You're a white horse with black stripes."

"How do you know that?" asked the zebra.

"Well if you were a black horse with white stripes He would have said: "You is what you is".

• designs
    designs

TS- that should be told at the Circuit Assembly! lol

• stillin
    stillin

Mormons only wear white shirts. They are more righteous than the witnesses.

• wasblind
    wasblind

That delivery truck driver have no clue that black jehovah's witnesses

think they should have waited on the kingdom rather than be able to eat at

the coffee shop of thier choice out in field service

Yea, we prefer to sit on the side of a dusty road to take a break

while we Wait on Jehovah.

In the mean time, we can wonder what it'll be like to eat in the paradise cafe

LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit