Please Give Me Ideas For Easter Drinks Made With Alcohol

by minimus 11 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

On Sunday, I voluntered to make some drinks on Easter Sunday afternoon/evening.

If you have any suggestions, including blender drinks, please share.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Eggnog?

Original recipe makes 12 servings

• 4 cups milk

• 5 whole cloves

• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

• 12 egg yolks

• 1 1/2 cups sugar

• 2 1/2 cups light rum

• 4 cups light cream

• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract

• 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Directions

1. Combine milk, cloves, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and cinnamon in a saucepan, and heat over lowest setting for 5 minutes. Slowly bring milk mixture to a boil.
    2. In a large bowl, combine egg yolks and sugar. Whisk together until fluffy. Whisk hot milk mixture slowly into the eggs. Pour mixture into saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for 3 minutes, or until thick. Do not allow mixture to boil. Strain to remove cloves, and let cool for about an hour.
    3. Stir in rum, cream, 2 teaspoon vanilla, and nutmeg. Refrigerate overnight before serving.

If that is too complicarted buy a bottle of Advocaat and mix it with lemonade and a dash of angostura bitters topped off with a cherry on a cocktail stick.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

1/2 shot St Germain liquor in a champagne flute; fill to top with champagne, cremant, or favorite bubbly and stir lightly.

Very different and very spring-y.

(And quite tasty with Easter ham)

• mrsjones5
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Peeptini

The day before the party, choose your martini recipe and the peeps to match. Stick a few of the peeps in the booze in order to get that artificial color and sugary goodness infused into the ethanol beverage. At partytime, serve the martinis garnished with fresh peeps!

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Ask your friends if they know of someone who has a copy of the "Bartenders Bible" in case someone asked for a complicated mixed drink.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Billy: LOVE it!

London Sour

5 oz Orange Juice, 1.5 oz Ameretto, 1.5 Scotch Whiskey, Juice from 1/4th of a Large lemon 1/2 of a small one. serve over ice

I also have a 'Bartender's Bible' if you need anything else. I told y'all that I had several BIBLE translations!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Strawberry Margarita

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Please Give Me Ideas For Easter Drinks Made With Alcohol

Stir up a half-dozen eggs in a bowl.

Pour hefty dose of your favorite alcohol in a large glass.

Add ice.

Toss out bowl.

Drink all from the glass.

Repeat as desired.

Farkel

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Amaretto, Bailey's, and Kahlua in a glass, and add a Peep on top. You can also light the Peep as you are serving it, and you will have a yummy cocktail with a toasted Peep! To make it into a frozen drink, add a scoop of Ice Cream in a blender with the liqueurs, blend, pour into glass, and then add flaming Peep.

For a Variation, you can add the toasted peep to a White Russian, etc, or basically any liqueur that goes well with a toasted marshmallow flavor.

I loves me Peeps!

I hope you have a wonderful time, Minimus!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit