Innapropriate for young children? Scare tactics?

by The Quiet One 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• *lost*
    *lost*

OMG ..... lol. no offense but you guys sound like a load of softie !!! Really ?

That was my first/thought/reaction when I read it all. I thought, wow these haven't got a clue how hard life really is on the real world! we are so much harder.

Because we have to be tough and hardy to survive, it's so Darwanian and it's dog eat dog and survival of the fittest and so shitey stuck down here in peasant land. In a ( caste / class ) ?

BUT THEN ............ It hit me. It's not normal for people to have to be like that and live like that. It is because they are forced to. They have nno choices/otions. these things were kept/concealed/hidden from them, these things were denied to everyone. Given only by the elite. Slavery

Everyone's life should be 'soft' and fluffy and happy and peaceful.

But unfortunately it is what it is.

Poor children. It's so wrong now we have been educated to how wrong it is, and much it is not the 'NORM' in the world.

• rubadubdub
    rubadubdub

Leading up to 1975 and for years after I had nightmares of being tortured in concentration camps. One of the many layers of my Post-traumatic Stress Disorder.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Ironic illustration to use on the subject of the elders caring for the sheep, especially little lamb-like ones. Thousands of paedophile victims in the JW religion suffered silently, no one even heard their bleating as they were molested, many by perverted elders. This is an organisation which also sacrifices its innocent lamb-like children to a version of God who they believe demands fanatical, legalistic adherence to an ancient scripture over the life of a child.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

The Quiet One, In your op, opening paragraph, sharing the Jeremiah book...I am so traumatized, that just that one quoted paragraph, is too much for me to bear. I have seen too much cruelty, and I have only associated with JW's all my life.

The Bible is full of killing. I can't read it. I am a fader, I could go to the Hall, but the fake love and friendships there, I have had a lifetime of. No more.

Balaamsass mentioned sitting at the KHall. How many kids get beaten up at the Hall? Smacked, hit, pinched...even dirty looks. I can't take anymore of any of that kind of "love".

Just Lois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit