Innapropriate for young children? Scare tactics?

by The Quiet One 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Gods Word for us through Jeremiah page 128 '..his mother bought a ram and a ewe. He looked after them, and the ewe produced two lambs a year, so the flock began to grow..."Early one morning while I was still in bed," he recalls, "I heard them bleating. I didn't go out at once. When I finally did, I saw a pack of wild dogs running away from my lambs, which had their bellies ripped open. Frantically, I searched for the mother sheep. I found her, still breathing in a pool of blood." '...The chapter is about elders caring for and watching over the 'sheep', in case you're wondering.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Sick illustration to use when small children are in attendance. I agree with you.

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

How about being raised in the 70s and being taught all your non-witness relatives

Grandparents

Uncles

Aunts

Cousins

and all your non-witness little school friends were going to EVIDENTLY be violently slaughtered by

a "loving" god Jehovah .

I still have nightmares 50 yrs later .

• wasblind
    wasblind

Parental advisories and ratings on Television programs and books

are use to protect children from adverse content

The WTS don't have the best interest of the child in mind

Think of how many children go to bed frightened because of the WTS literature

• Dazeds Better Half
    Dazeds Better Half

I will not allow my children to be tormented by such things. Breaking the cycle

• The Quiet One
  • TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

When I was a kid in the 60's and early 70's I heard talks about blood all the way up to the horses shoulders. Birds picking the eyes out all the dead people after the big A. I had a book showing children falling into a bit hole caused by a earthquake. Then the oral sex talks and the masturbation talks. No wonder I needed therapy. And don't forget the demon stories about how they get in furniture and other objects and how they can take over your body if you allow them in. The threat of dieing a horrible death because you didn't listen to some old guy in NY. Yes the WT Cult is innapropriate for yound children. Totally ADD

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

ADD, those talks sound like they would have been disturbing for you, I hope that you are free of anxiety now, to some extent at least.. Anyone have any other examples?

• Zordino
    Zordino

ADD, I so Hear you! I still have some anxiety from my upbringing in the Cult and I'm in my mid 40's!

• sd-7
    sd-7

Dude. That's a very graphic story. Definitely R-rated. What?

Either way, I think there's a key difference here: if the elders were involved, they'd be trying to get a confession of some kind of sin out of the dying sheep as it was bleeding to death.

Elder: "So, what were you wearing when they attacked you? Where were you, exactly? Did you say anything to provoke them?"

Sheep: "Baaaaa..."

Elder: "Okay, uh, can you step outside for a moment? We need to...oh...we'll just step away from you, brother."

--sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit