Another reason god is a terrible "father"

by _Morpheus 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Another thing worth mentioning is he the asshole God wants to kill people. Look at the exodus story, every time the Pharoah was about to let the Israelites go he hardened his heart to the point where he God killed the first born of all Egypt. And then look at the next part where they go into the promise land. The Jews were in the desert 40 years plenty of time to cause a famine or no more water supply in the promise land so the Cannaanites would pack up an leave. But no let just go kill them all. And no he didn't kill them in thier sleep he likes it bloody.
  • Bonsai
    Bonsai
    Wow. great topic. I've never understood how an invisible, uncommunicative being could somehow deserve the intimate title of "father". Harkening back to my childhood when we studied the Revelation Climax book, I always thought of God as more like the grim reaper. He stands ever ready to allow his angels to release the four bowls of his wrath upon his own children whom he has left to their own devices for thousands of years. That book gave me shudders both then and now.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    @b4right- respectfully i disagree. The bible very specifically encourages us to view him as our father in a paternal sense. Even jesus illistration of the prodigal son paints him as a human father.
  • brandnew
    brandnew

I agree with everyone, ive always though.....how many of gods "children" , has he seen suffer and die?

Does god get off on this shit?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit