Another reason god is a terrible "father"

by _Morpheus 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    What kind of loving father leaves his children with no guidance and then blames them for screwing up?
  • cofty
    cofty

Sofia - This is another example of taking temporary refuge in deism.

Every time a christian thanks god for their chicken dinner they make that defense impossible.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Sofia this story you have been taught is an apologists way of trying to justify a cruel god in a not cruel way, its not real doctrine or fact, its 2+2=5... because it just has to =5.

People justify abusive spouses in a similar way, ignoring the atrocities they commit and trying to make up a reason they aren't horrible.

YHWH is an abusive relationship

• B4Right
    B4Right

Since God is not human, we need to not think of him acting like a human dad as we know it.

In Jesus explaining " the father" it is in the form of being our creator, our existence and what our bodies need to survive is how and why we look at him as " father" and not in the paternal since of the word.

God never asked us to look to him as a paternal being since he is a spirit.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

One of my little "waitaminute" moments was realizing that the God of the Bible will allow his "children" to f**k up royally, to the point where they can fatally injure themselves...

...whilst I - as a father - would still be bound to try and save my kid if he or she played in traffic despite a hundred admonishments not to.

I had a lot of "waitaminute" moments after I became a parent.

• whathehadas
    whathehadas
    @_Morpheus that analogy of a deadbeat father is right on the money. You could even compare it to a President/Government that promises the people peace and prosperity. They give breaks to the wealthy, pass laws that are not logical and consistently let the bad guys get away. Somehow this gets harsh criticism and a "Not doing your job" tag. But a ALL knowing and ALL Powerful God doesn't.....What kind of BS is that?
  • Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

I sure cannot understand this temperamental, maniacal deity; only pure speculations.

SL

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

The question that everyone that calls Jehovah a "loving father" should as is: What kind of selfish monster of a father would put his own reputation ahead of the well-being of their children? Because this is in fact what the Jehovah's Witnesses teach on the issue of "sovereignty". The all-important question revolves around Satan questioning Jehovah's right to rule the universe and the rightfulness of his rule. Nevermind how many billions of lives of his human creatures are expended and countless suffering mankind is put through so that "Jehovah's good name" is restored.

Utter nonsense. If. You. Just. Think. About It.

Eden

• whathehadas
    whathehadas
    The all-important question revolves around Satan questioning Jehovah's right to rule the universe and the rightfulness of his rule. Nevermind how many billions of lives of his human creatures are expended and countless suffering mankind is put through so that "Jehovah's good name" is restored.

@EdenOne even that doctrine is screwed up with the JW because they believe "Jehovah's" name is not known to many. How can his "good name" be restored when people don't even know his name? BS for the JW and their billions of hours in wasted time

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Yeah this was my big issue all my life, a loving father God but he's never around when you need him abandons mankind leaving us at the mercy of a devil and his demons but we're supposed to love him. I know if I did this to my kids they would continue to love me for all about a year tops them they would chock me up to being an asshole and move on with thier lives but this God's been doing it for thousands of years to the point most people don't even think he exists.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit