Another reason god is a terrible "father"

by _Morpheus 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Its easy to look around and say if a singular all powerful were real he would stop the suffering of man and animal, a position i support. However there is another even more basic premise i have pondered at times as well (im sure im not the first of course) : would any loving parent ever HIDE from their children?

Consider it... Our all knowing all loving father hides from us even though we cry out to know him. One of his so called authoritatve works says he created us with a spritual need, defined as a need to know him.... And yet this being refuses to talk to us, even once, in the course of our lives. At best he expects us to look at the world around us and get a sense of him. Wouldnt this be akin to having children, giving them a house but never meeting them. Then when they are adults telling them they should love you and should have KNOWN you cared for them because the house they live in must have come from somewhere?

the whole concept is rediculious and yet to a billion people its everyday "logic".

• Onager
    Onager

Not only that, but he abandons them in a house which is full of things which can kill them!

AND if the kids go in daddy's "special" cupboard and find his "special mags" then he'll kill them himself!

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    But but but he had his secretary write us a long-winded and contradictory letter to tell us how to live so that he doesn't have to kill us!
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

The apologists would say he's no hiding, (playing assholes advocate here)

1. He talks to us through the bible
    2. He speaks to us through creation
    3. He's in out heart...
    4. and on and on and on

That being said i 100% agree with you. What father would "allow" his children to suffer to no end to prove a point. Take job for example, "hey I don't think your child loves you, let me f%$# him up real bad to prove it".

But hiding, and making the bible so easily misunderstood (although I believe the witnesses are the ones who misunderstand it). Why would he make it something so easy for the devil to corrupt where 90% of the population is supposedly deceived? Why would he write a book that 9 out of 10 people will take the wrong way? Allowing deception and confusion to me would also be tantamount with the hiding you speak of. Good op

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    And that freemind is part of my point... Leaving a letter from two thousand years ago thats not even the original letter or in a language i can read but expecting me to "know you" through it? Who would say a human father is loving because he did that instead of any level of personal contact when personal contact is easily doable. This isnt a father who died or is in jail... Hes the all powerful master of the universe! He supposoblyly has spoken to a select few.....its rediculious.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

Yep, and I personally from a personal point of view had a dad that was out of my life until I was maybe 6? when I met him he was a stranger to me, and I never had that fatherly love you are suppose to have, it just never happened. I have told one person in my family this when they said "have you ever really learned how to love jehovah?"

No and this is why, I can't love someone who doesn't exist, not like Zeus anyway

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

And your experiance is exactly the type im referancing.. Multiplied by every human who ever lived.

And Odin is the all father... Zeus is just some guy

• cofty
    cofty
    The "hiddenness of god" is a very strong argument against theism.
  • Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

If the biblical account is correct on this issue, God is allowing humans the time to realize we need him. He has pulled back control, blessings, etc., which would have our lives and universe running the way he intended it.

Satan, his followers, and mankind wanted independence from the Creator. Okay, have independence, but it is not going to work! Of course, all this according to biblical notion.

Some day the creator will take back the power and things will be as originally designed. If this is so, I sure would like the opportunity to experience the divine plan for humanity.

Who really knows. One can only dream and speculate. Of one thing I feel certain, though: We humans have created most problems for ourselves and others; it is just easy put blame elsewhere.

SL

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Sofia Lose
    How would you explain his interference with the flood? or the tower of babel? Or the whole first 5 books of the bible? Pulled back control? read your bible again, he disappeared with the advent of better record keeping.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit