WTS action on Conti's case 3/27/2013

by mind blown 85 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Curious... looks like the brief filed is only for the Fremont Cong. as the Defendant and Appellant. Am I reading that right? Two defendants were notified regarding failure to file timely on 3/11, but only one defendant is recorded today. Unless it's just recorded in a different way.

• mind blown
    mind blown

Thank you 144000! Yes, I just found it on the net

Documents are "filed" when received by court clerk's office. BUT:documents specified in rule 8.25(b)(3) are considered timely if mailed by priority or express mail or delivered to overnight carrier on or before due date;

http://www.adi-sandiego.com/FILING_AND_SERVICE_SUMMARY_eff_1-1-2011.pdf

leaving_quietly:

Without seeing the brief, your question cannot be answered. However, it is common for joint defendants to submit a joint brief, which is probably what has occurred in this case. That brief cost the WTBTS a lot of $$$$$

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

03/27/2013 Received: Watchtower Bible & Tract Society's AOB. Oversized brief.

• Scott77
    Scott77

"That brief cost the WTBTS a lot of $$$$$..."

Iam not going to ask exact amount but considering similar briefs, what are possible range of amount the Watchtower might have paid in this instance?

Scott77

Scott,

It's hard to estimate without seeing the brief. My guess is that it's at least $50,000.

• mind blown
  • CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

The WT lawyers will keep this going forever. It's what lawyers do.

• Big Mama
    Big Mama

I feel bad for Candace and Kathleen....I can't imagine thinking it's finally over to find the next morning it isn't. But....and please correct me if I'm wrong, the appeal is not a rehearing. It is a re-hash of the case to be sure everything followed the letter of the law, and nothing that could be deemed questionable went unattended thru the hearing.or 2nd trial. To the best of our knowledge, is that correct??

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

familiar name in there. I used to know James McCabe, when he was a JW attorney in San Diego.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit