100 Years of Disappointment on the Horizon

by mrquik 38 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

I guess this is another fine reason for the JWs not to celebrate birthdays: a centennial celebration of what? The world not yet ending? moving right along...

One hundred years since the start of the end and it still ain't ended that's a centennial they'll certainly want to ignore.....

I love to dream:

I just wish my long-deceased maternal and paternal grandparents - all four of 'em - could have looked into the future and seen the world still here in 2014 rather than whipping themselves into a pressured panic in the 1930s warning their now long-deceased cohorts that the end was just around the corner. Some f*kg corner, man.

• Londo111
    Londo111

marked

• Londo111
    Londo111

A few years ago, I had 2014 floating around in my head as a make-or-break...and I was a believing JW. But I did realize that if 2014 came and went--what had Jesus been doing for the last 100 years? Circumstances dictated otherwise, but I suspect there are some that feel this way.

• kjg132
    kjg132

Its sad but as a small child, I was a born-in, ultra witness family, babtized at 10...I used to wonder if Armegeddon would come while we were in a meeting and we would come out and it would already be paradise, I used to walk out and look around to see if it had come...sometimes it would be a really nice dayand I would wonder if it had happened...I didn't want to be afraid and my Mom had told me that we may not have to see the horrible things or that Jehovah would "not let these things be called to mind"...anyway this discussion reminded me of that...I never questioned anything ever until my early 30's yet as a child I remember my Mom telling me that the new system would come before the people of 1914 had all died and while I never remember doubting anything else, I remember thinking that we would see because if time went on after that then we would know if that was true...it makes me feel sentimental actually, sorry for rambling

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

I've been dropping this question from time to time: If Jesus began ruling as king in heaven in 1914, are we now 100 years into his 1000 year reign?

After puzzled looks followed by um's and coughing...nobody has a consistant answer. If they pull an answer out of their "back pocket", I ask them to show me that in the bible....

• whathappened
    whathappened

This religion is making it up as they go along. It will be interesting to see if they or how they address the hundred years thing.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

2014 might get a few JW minds thinking about things and may cause a few doubts for some. The real damage will begin in the years following 2014. 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018. 1914 is becoming more and more irrelevant with each passing year and decade.

Can you imagine feeling any excitement or enthusiasm for the Heavenly Kingdom established in 1914 in the year 2020? Wait till 2023 (or pick any year in the not to distant future). We will soon be a quarter of a way through the 21st century, and 1914 is going to be egg all over this religions face. A huge stinky elephant in the Governing Body Boardroom.

• moshe
    moshe

I have already started jabbing the JWs I knew back in the day about the big party in 2014. I hope they stop and think about this negative WT milestone (or millstone!) they have made.

• steve2
    steve2

How about a new slogan-campaign to see in 2014?

"Millions now door-knocking will never see Paradise on earth."

or

"Jesus has reigned in heaven since 1914 - which explains why the earth is the last thing on his to-do list"

or

"keep door knocking you suckers - it'll give you something to do while you grow old and die in this system of things"

or

Why train for a worldly career when you can slog away in the preaching work until you die in this system of things"

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

DO MORE TIL 2034!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit