ACK! GB at my memorial!

by grumblecakes 27 Replies latest jw friends

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Shopaholic..... Exactly!

I met jack (John) barr in London, walking from the factory up to IBSA house, he was smiling ear to ear, a beautiful young assistant holding each arm. I said a quick hello. I was invisible to him. That was the day i left by chance, he was just a man.

Snare x

• jgnat
    jgnat

Even if you are seated at the children's table you still get to partake!

Children's Table

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

hi blondie,

invited by multiple congregations (simlutaneous via closed circuit tv), but i believe the real reason was memorial was just an excuse for an all expense paid vacation. (i live in a major vacation destination).

hi everybody, it wasnt splane. hes much harsher than splane. he spent a good portion of his long ass talk agressively alluding to the new lighton the fds and making sure every one understood that they do not have a personal relationship with god, we are meerly bystanders. as soon as the thing ended a witness was like "whoa, i bet we're gonna ses some new light in the wt soon!" (internal exasperated sigh).

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"its like a marriage contract, between a husband and wife. the children are not part of the relationship, but benefit from it."

They always have to add an illustration to whitewash over something not in the Bible. For a marriage contract, there is a public ceremony and plenty of proof of the marriage. But with the GB, all you get is "their word" that Jesus is in a special covenant with them.

Paul said that the head of the man is Christ. There was never any room for the type of clergy that the GB and WT corp has constructed.

• wasblind
  • blondie
    blondie

According to the WTS the marriage of the bride and Christ will not take place until shortly after the great tribulation starts. So only engaged so far.

w92 4/15 p. 17 par. 22 Jehovah’s Provision, the "Given Ones" ***

Finally, after the demise of Babylon the Great, all 144,000 ‘sealed ones’ will be in heaven for the marriage of the Lamb. (Revelation 7:1-3; 19:1-8)

*** w96 1/15 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***

Most of these anointed ones have already died, with heavenly life in view. Some are still alive on earth. All eagerly look forward to the heavenly “marriage of the Lamb.” The Bible links that marriage to the time of the approaching great tribulation—the destruction of Babylon the Great, and then the elimination of the rest of Satan’s system.—Revelation 18:2-5; 19:2, 7, 11-21; Matthew 24:21.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

No comment regarding the Conti case and their failure to file, eh?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

grumblecakes:

I would also have been sickened by everybody fawing over these men. I remember years ago seeing very old GB giving the talk (sounded like gibberish). Anybody visiting would have wondered what the hell was going on.

At the time, I just viewed them as very old men and the only "respect" they would have gotten from me was because of their age. Nothing more.

Billy the Ex-Bethelite:

You made a good point about them having to show an "illustration" for something that is not even mentioned in the bible!! This makes me angry just to think about it.

Unfortunately, the gullible R&F who aren't even thinking will just accept it like it was gospel truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit