New here

by Elbear 35 Replies latest jw friends

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

While most people can use pot with no ill effects, some people can have very bad reactions...it is even connected to triggering serious mental illness in some people ( a small minority of people).

I'm thinking maybe pot is NOT for you...

• flipper
    flipper

ELBEAR- Nice to have you here ! Hang in there, things will get better. It's hard because many of us who were raised around this are made to feel uneeded guilt for our using our own minds and thinking independently. We get accused of being wicked because we want to think for ourselves. It's part of the mind control tactics used by high control organizations like Jehovah's Witnesses. We will be here as a support to you and offer friendship as well. You are among friends. Take care. Peace out, Mr. flipper

• goatshapeddemon
    goatshapeddemon

Hi Elbear - Welcome. Nice to have another someone who seems close to my age / experience on the board. PM me any time.

I too was the odd girl out at my KH, went to a prestigious HS, was sent to college (and am now in grad school). Ultimately, college is what caused my whole family's "demise" as JWs.

GSD

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    Unfortunately for them, this lent to my crtical attitue and skepticism about the doctrine I was taught.

Hi Elbear. Welcome to our nightmare.

Congratulations for not getting baptised. It gives you an advantage that you can exploit. I have that advantage too, so I have a bit of experience in that department.

You need to build on the critical thinking skills you learned. Being raised in a cult, we were taught how to 'compartmentalise' = using our critical thinking skills when the logic supplied by the cult supported the cult's teachings, but turning them off when confronted with reality/facts/common sense, etc., that was contradictory.

My advice is to study critical thinking skills. Get yourself the skills to recognise when you are being presented with faulty logic, poor evidence etc..

Believe me, you won't be troubled by the Watchtower's demons once you understand that they are just the figments of the Watchtower's fertile, and insane, imaginations.

Welcome to the best part of your life.

Chris

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Welcome, Elbear!

• Elbear
    Elbear

Thank all of you for the replies. I have already started taking some of your advice to heart. I'm still conflicted but I finally am feeling that I am on the right path to finding peace. I will be seeing a therapist soon to start discussing my fears and hopefully my mental state will be much better. I hope that I can eventually distinguish reality from fantasy. I really appreciate having people who understand to talk to. So again thank you all so, so much!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit