New here

by Elbear 35 Replies latest jw friends

• *lost*
    *lost*

Elbear - a warm welcome and a big hug.

You are in the right place. there are many here that KNOW exactly how you are feeilng. YOU ARE NORMAL. IT IS NORMAL. Having someone to be able to talk to about anything and everything, no matter how crazy it sounds, is vital. The people here understand. Your not crazy or going crazy, your intelligence and emotions and thoughts are really conflicted at the moment and causing you pain, despair and anguish. Take it one day at a time, one step at a time. You have all the time in the world.

You need to think on this as a big tangled ball of mess, like wool. that you have to untangle, sort out, and tidy up. It gets easier.

It may be possible that deep down you have a spiritual need, and you do believe in God and a lot of the Christian ethos, which is ok too. Many people still believe.

I feel a lot more jw's are going to be going through the same process soon enough. They are under so much mental and emotional angst now, and the brains are starting to conflict with what they are seeing/doing/hearing.

Like 'weeping and gnashing' of teeth.

Take your time. Keep an open mind.

Go see your doctor, don't be afraid of anti-depressants, they will help to break the cycle and take the pressure off you. Although they can take up to 6 wks to be effective. What you are feeling is NORMAL.

well done for having the courage to come here. First step to freedom.

lost .... but getting there

• designs
    designs

Welcome

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Welcome to JWN.

Bangalore

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Welcome, err, if you are smoking pot (as it seems to indicate twice in your OP),

I ate a special brownie, went to the hall and proceeded to have an intense crying fit during one of the songs.

And ..

One night, I even thought I heard Jehovah himself talking to me and condeming my behavoir. I swear it was the most lucid dream that I have ever had

and still scares me to this day. Of course I went to bed high, but nothing like that has ever happend before.

Then my dear i think we have the link to your mental deterioration. Paranoia etc can all be linked to pot in some cases and you appear to be giving clear cause and effect between the two. See a doctor and stop smoking pot please. It may be causing your problems or aggravating underlying ones.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Welcome Elbear to this site. I agree with Hortensia. Get some help. Mind control is a very hard thing to overcome. Many people don't realize how powerful it is. So don't take mindcontrol lightly. It causes all kinds of problems when one wants to get away from it. It's kinda like a smoker try to stop smoking. They go through withdrawal because of the hold the smoking had on them. Mind control cults cause the same damage on their victims. Getting help from a professional goes a long way in overcoming these bad thoughts. You are a very brave person for what you are doing. Thank you for sharing it with us. Take Care. Things will get better. Totally ADD

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Hi Elbear you said ,

I also wanted to ask you all, do you think there is any way I can appeal to my parents? I am trying hard to find a method of reason that will click with them.

Well one way is to show respect for their beliefs of what they are and tell them that.

Another thing I might add is that just because you no longer take up a religious faith does NOT mean you should STOP

respecting yourself to your mental and physical well being, taking hallucinatory drugs or alcohol, tobacco smoking or whatever the

JW religion frowns on is not respecting yourself.

So many people think well since I'm not under the controls set by the JW religion, I'm open and free to anything I want to do

and these ones usually find themselves in trouble over time.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I went through a period of intense turmoil and stress when I left the borg. I was only in for about 12 years, so I think what a person goes through trying to get out when they were born in must be very hard. I think therapy could be helpful.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome aboard....Happy to have you join us

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

Welcome Elbear!

Sorry to hear about your problems. Having the courage to post is your first step. We recently had another 4th gen JW. You might find his story helpful:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/249268/1/new-member-my-story

It is difficult right now, but it does truly get better. If you haven't done so, read Raymond Franz' 2 books. It will help you see that this is not a true religion. I understand about the fear and guilt, being raised a JW myself. Even today I still struggle with that thought-control, but this is a barrier that I will eventually break thru and so will others. Once my wife & I started researching the history of WTBT$ it becomes very apparent that it never was God's organization and is nothing more than a publishing company, that seems to be in the final and desperate stage of survival.

We're glad you are here with us on this forum and hope you find peace.

Affectionately

Brother of the Hawk

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

I agree with the advice to see a doctor regarding anti-depressants.

There's no shame in having a physical condition that needs medical treatment.

Also, it's quite common for someone with an XJW background to be in turmoil, have nightmares, and not know what to believe.

Give yourself time to sort things out.

If you still believe in the Bible (but not the WT version of it), get a non-NWT translation (New International Version and New American Standard Version) are good) and read Galatians and then Romans as starters.

If you want to discuss struggles over doctrine, feel free to PM me.

I promise not to try to force anything on you, and I won't try to persuade you to join any church or organization.

To send someone a PM, just click on their name.

To retrieve PMs, click on the little envelope in the upper right corner of the screen; if you get an error message, click on the envelope again..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit