My Wife's Father Passed Away

by TOTH 17 Replies latest jw friends

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Dear TOTH , Please pass on my deepest sympathy to your wife . I am so sorry...

A Kingdom Hall funeral is never comforting . Please do have your own kind of memorial for your Father in law it will be more meaningful for all of you .

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Sorry for your family's loss. JW funerals are just a sales pitch for the corporation.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Sorry for your loss. Those memorial talks aren't very upbuilding at all, just one big infomercial!

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Sorry to hear of your loss. Is it possible to have a small celebration of life ceremony instead? I've attended two and it was a much more loving, healing affair than any funeral talk I've attended as a JW.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

TOTH...I am so sorry for your family's loss. (((((Hugs)))))

Just Lois

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Toth, You've been through a lot over the past couple of months. The stress of losing your leg, and now losing your Father in Law must be very hard for you and your Wife. I send you sincere thoughts in the hopes that you and your Wife heal both physically and emotionally from your extreme losses. The way the JW's turn a funeral or memorial into a sales pitch is sickening, and you are a special person for deciding to give your FIL a proper send off, including is favorite music. You and your wife sound like you are very loving and devoted to each other!

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

So sorry for your loss. You have had one hard week. Totally ADD

• TOTH
    TOTH

Thank you all for your kindness. I will share it with my wife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit