My Wife's Father Passed Away

by TOTH 17 Replies latest jw friends

• TOTH
    TOTH

Well, the day finally arrived. Everyone says we were expecting it...But, not really. My wife's dad passed away.

He suffered for many years and we were at odds about medications and intrusiveness, but he was just a man in great pain, desperate for relief. His suffering is finally at an end and he will be missed greatly.

I had not been inside a kh in years and had gotten used to living life and dealing with "WORLDLY PEOPLE" on a day to day basis. I had forgotten just how listless and cold the jw memorial services can be. My god, they spent a few minutes talking about the theocratic accomplishments of her dad then BANG they ran full bore into a wt infomrcial. Very little about the man himself.

The passing of her father has been heartbreaking to my wife. Please keep her and the family in your prayers and thoughts.

Thanks for listening.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

the entire talk should be about him and his love.... peace to you and your family

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

The same thing happened when my grandpa died. They talked about him for about 5 minutes (1 story about how he gave some water to some JW who were there visiting my grandma) and then the rest was on the beliefs of JW. I was offended because I love my grandpa very much and thought he was more than just 5 minutes!!!!

But that's to be expected, I guess. We have the memories in our minds and hearts and that's what counts!

• TOTH
    TOTH

Thanks, Found Sheep. I agree. No one was allowed to speak and none of his favorite music was played. I know THAT is typical at the kh, but even back at the house, his neglectful and abusive in life widdow forbade ANY music to be played. So, my wife and I are planning a dinner and inviting all of his family AND worldy friends over and we will play HIS music. A couple of his musical cohorts will be here to give him the send off that he asked for and was denied by that woman.

• TOTH
    TOTH

I'm so sorry that happened to you, lriddle80. They really do over-glorify that organization and deminish the very people who make it work. Peace and love to you and your family.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Sorry for you and your wife's loss.

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

Our condolences to you and your family. I hate JW memorial services also.

Peace to you

affectionately Brother of the Hawk

• flipper
    flipper

TOTH- My wife and I send our deepest condolences to you on the loss of her father. I'm so sorry the memorial was so infomercial for the WT Society. One reason I shudder to think of what it will be like when my 80 something year old JW parents die. They really should do the humane and respectful thing and honor the person who is being talked about by talking about them. But when has the WT Society ever done the honorable thing sadly ? Please know our hearts are with you at this sad time. Sincerely, mr. & Mrs. Flipper

• talesin
    talesin

Dear TOTH,

I am sending love and good energy to the Mrs. and you. I'm so sorry about the JW funeral, it's not much comfort. Please know that many of us are thinking of you and her in this sad time, and sending much love.

xo

tal

• finally awake
    finally awake

SO sorry for your loss. JW funerals are miserable affairs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit